The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Injector resistors

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Gir

Injector resistors

What kind of resistors do i need to get to make a set of DSM injectors work in a 4g64?

8ggalant

Re: Injector resistors

Quote Originally Posted by Gir
    What kind of resistors do i need to get to make a set of DSM injectors work in a 4g64?
    u juss get the one off the car u got the injectors from....got my injectors and resistor from a 1g awd turbo

Gir

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    u juss get the one off the car u got the injectors from....got my injectors and resistor from a 1g awd turbo
    They don't have resistors on a DSM. The injectors required for the ECU are low impedance, and consequently they are low impedance. On a galant you need a set of high impedance injectors, or you get resistors to increase the impedance. Thus you won't find them on a DSM.

8ggalant
    ok :? well maybe i need to talk to my mechanic....but i already saw it wired on someone elses car and it works so thats what i have

Experienced TGC Member

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    They don't have resistors on a DSM. The injectors required for the ECU are low impedance, and consequently they are low impedance. On a galant you need a set of high impedance injectors, or you get resistors to increase the impedance. Thus you won't find them on a DSM.
    O my...The low impedence injectors from the turbos DO HAVE RESISTOR PACKS! Its bolted to the firewall, small silver box. ECU is still expecting injectors with higher impedence so if you were to put our 270cc injecotrs in the dsm you would remove the resistor pack from the electrical harness and have to rewire the car, just like we have to rewire the injector pack in to use the low impedence injectors. You can usualy getem on ebay for like $15.

If you wanted to make your own resistor pack you need to find 6ohm like 25watt or maybe 100watt resistors, the big ceramic ones. Good luck finding 6ohm one.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

8ggalant
    thank you 8)

Gir
    my mistake...hehe...thanks for clearing it up. Apologies on my response 8g

8ggalant
    my mistake...hehe...thanks for clearing it up. Apologies on my response 8g