The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HARD HOT START ON 97 GALANT

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    LesPaul

HARD HOT START ON 97 GALANT

:?: I am having a starting problem when I have driven my Galant for approx. 45 minutes and I shut down at my destination. When I return to start car it cranks strong but it doesn't fire right away. When I let it cool down for a few minutes it will start but I have to watch that it doesn't stall when I put it into drive. The idle seems to have dropped to @400 rpms. This whole scenario only occurs when the engine is warmed-up. In the morning I have no problem starting up. Is it the ISC or a failing sensor? I had the throttle body cleaned out 2X and Mitsubishi performed a full fuel system/injector cleaning. The car just does not seem right. The idle seems too high when warmed-up and when slowing down, the downshift from 2nd to 1st is harsh (i'm thinking it's due to the high idle). Does this ring a bell for anyone? I wan't to see if anyone ran across this in the past before I bring it into the dealer and they bend me over. Thanks!!!!

LesPaul

****FINALLY GOTIT FIXED*******

FYI - IT TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD TEMPERATURE SENSOR. IT WAS SLOWLY FAILING AND FINALLY GAVE OUT COMPLETELY. MITSU DEALER READ THE CODE AND FIXED IT - OF COURSE, AFTER CHARGING ME AN ARM AND A LEG FOR LABOR. SUCH IS LIFE.....

I was about to suggest that. Had the same problem with mines, $32 and 6 months of shitty driving was corrected. Go figger *doh* lol
    blah blah blah

Mine is a 97 G that behaves the exact same way. You said the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor was the culprit. Where exactly is this located?