The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting the bumper of the car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 56

Getting the bumper of the car

I'm still disassembling my car.
    Now can someone tell me how my front bumper and my underspoiler is attached to the car? I can't seem to get it off....please help.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Rasko Da Gama
    Under the fenders there are a few screews - you must get them out first. Go under the bumper and check for other screws - there should be about 8-10 screws that are keeping bumper in place. I had it off before and I remember it wasn't hard to get it off.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasko Da Gama
    Under the fenders there are a few screews - you must get them out first. Go under the bumper and check for other screws - there should be about 8-10 screws that are keeping bumper in place. I had it off before and I remember it wasn't hard to get it off.

Good luck!
    Major thanks
    And what about the side plates (don't know how to call that in english). I mean the pieces of metal around the front wheels. How do I get those of?

Quote Originally Posted by [FIN

Some tools and a sixpack! Haha! That's a Finnish garage right there, that's what you're looking at!
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Quote Originally Posted by [FIN

Pretty cool.

Maybe a stupid question but what are these 2 round things behind the bumper?

edit: I guess that's the horn. :oops:

And how do I remove that strip of metal below the headlights?

marktheblake

Re: Getting the bumper of the car

Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    I'm still disassembling my car.
    Now can someone tell me how my front bumper and my underspoiler is attached to the car? I can't seem to get it off....please help.
    I bought one of those Cdroms with all the manuals on it last week from Ebay. I will let you know when i get it, i can email you the relevant pages.

Re: Getting the bumper of the car

Quote Originally Posted by marktheblake
    I bought one of those Cdroms with all the manuals on it last week from Ebay. I will let you know when i get it, i can email you the relevant pages.
    Are they still available? Maybe I can order them too....

Rasko Da Gama
    [FIN]Teme - where did you found that nice GTi bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    And how do I remove that strip of metal below the headlights?
    Anyone?

And the bumper still isn't of the car, I managed to get the lowest part of the underspoiler of the car. Now I'm having difficulty with the underspoiler since the screws are behind the bumper and I can't get the bumper of.

[FIN]Teme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasko Da Gama
    [FIN]Teme - where did you found that nice GTi bumper?
    just put an add to magazine that wanna buy bumbers.... front bumber is from dynamic gti, and rear bumber is from rally VR4 car... it was littlebit broken when i bought it... but fixed and painted it...

front bumber cost 60e and rear bumber 40e

btw. I have over 3000 pages of galant 88-92 service manual in PDF files

ken inn
    dunno if you can get this without registerring, but this might help you out. it is a usa car:

http://www.galantvr4.org/ubb/ultimatebb.ph...ic;f=2;t=001654

i have removed mine more times than i care to admit. it is very easy, just heavy and cumbersome.

Thanks for the help.
    But my front consists of 3 parts not 2.
    From top to bottom:
    - Piece of metal below the headlights
    - Bumper
    - Underspoiler

The link from the VR-4 forum showed a bumper and underspoiler as one.
    With my g the bumper is seperate from the spoiler.

And FIN, can't you send me some helpfull PDF's?

ken inn
    the piece of metal below the headlites does not have to come off. when i first removed my bumper, i took it off, it is a real pain. to get it off, you have to remove the headlites. dunno about a lower spoiler, the jdm vr4 bumper comes off the same way the usa bumper does, and it is 1 piece.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>the piece of metal below the headlites does not have to come off. Â*when i first removed my bumper, i took it off, it is a real pain. Â*to get it off, you have to remove the headlites. Â*dunno about a lower spoiler, the jdm vr4 bumper comes off the same way the usa bumper does, and it is 1 piece.</div>Well I guess that's just US style then, because almost all 6g's in Holland have bumpers like mine.

And the piece of metal below the headlightes MUST come off. (Since it is damaged too :oops: )

Bumper and underspoiler are off the car now.
    Next up: Headlights and piece of metal below the head lights.

J apmetal
    I had to rebuild the front of my Lancer [car I had before the Galant] and it had the same metal strip under the lamps. it was held on simply by a bolt either end [hidden by the headlamps and indicators] and one in the middle behind the grille. The Galant appears to be the same from what I can see on mine

That sounds easy. :-)

Alright, headlamps are off and the 'sub'-bumper (piece of metal behind the bumper) is also off. But the strip of metal below the headlights is still there, it has a total of 5 screws, but most of them are rusted so I have to saw them off or something.

Alright, that metal strip is finally off, now only the radiator and the piece of metal on the left side (has a dent in it). And then it's ready to go to the shop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast