The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting the bumper of the car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 56
    marktheblake
    So you have committed to reincarnating the Galant now? Thats great news.

Yep, don't have the money to buy a new car.

Almost everything that is broken is off the car now and I guess it goes to the shop by the end of the week.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Rasko Da Gama
    Good luck buddy! Hope that things will go fast, and especially cheap for you.

Keep us posted

Me and my brother towed the car to the shop 2 days ago. (Looked funny, a Corrado VR6 towing a car )

They can fix it for me, but I need a new front. I mean the front part of the chassis.
    And they also told me they need the new parts (bumper, headlights, etc.) too or else they can't mount the new front correctly.

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*And they also told me they need the new parts (bumper, headlights, etc.) too or else they can't mount the new front correctly.</div>

You need exactly what i just bought!. I found the local importer by searching on Google for "Japan Front Cuts". Dont know if you use the same words in Holland, but what they do is import the entire front of the car (cutting off just past the dashboard). The main idea is for the engine upgrades, but sometimes the panels are in decent condition.

Sorry can't find anything. :-S

Rasko Da Gama
    Hey Jeucken!

I remembered something. In your country - Holland . there is a company wich is specialized in JDM front cuts, JDM Engines, and JDM parts.
    Take a look here: www.coltco.nl

They can even get you a 4G63Turbo engine from Galant VR-4! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope this helps bro 8)

Can someone measure his 6g hood for me? I need to get a new one but I don't know if it fits in the car I'm going with (VW Caddy). Well, I think it does, my friends thinks it doesn't....

So what are the sizes of a 6g hood?

[FIN]Teme
    Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    Can someone measure his 6g hood for me? I need to get a new one but I don't know if it fits in the car I'm going with (VW Caddy). Well, I think it does, my friends thinks it doesn't....

why don't u just buy a 6g hood, don't rape your car by installing german parts to it :shock:

marktheblake
    W1390 x L1224

Width measured directly underneath the water squirters.
    Length measured along the side and right to the end of the lip.
    If that dont make sense, then just trust me that its the most obvious measurement :-)

Eh......thanks.....but this is in milimeters or something?

marktheblake
    Eh......thanks.....but this is in milimeters or something?
    yeah. i thought mm's might sound like i was real professional or somethin

Oh sorry I will rephrase then:

Thank you good sir for supplying me with these measurements.
    Please accept the apoligy from this humble person for disturbing you about this. I understand that someone of your level has his hands full on more important things.

marktheblake
    I understand that someone of your level has his hands full on more important things.
    WHO told?

Just kidding man....

marktheblake
    Now i am paranoid. every black dot in the wall might be one of those hidden cameras.

GalantGuy96
    sorry to hijack this thread, but how come most 6g owners arent in america?
    so far every1 that has posted in this thread is in another country.
    we have:
    australia
    the netherlands
    helsinki, finland (my fav. country other than the u.s btw)
    ljubljana (whatever that is)
    Norway and...
    Wrexham.

so what gives?

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>so what gives?</div>

good point. In Australia 8 & 9G has not (and will not) be released, 7G only imported up to 1995. 6G widely available from 1989.

The 7G's available here were a 2.0L V6 but only a basic model FWD, no GSR/VR4 type features or fitout. Thats probably why the product failed.

Thus any enthusiast looking at a Galant is most likely to consider 6G's.

Galant is not on the grey import 'allowed' list, hence the most common G in australia is the 6. The 15yo open slather import law, still only lets people bring in JDM Galants up to 1988 builds at this time.

Hence, lots of 6G's in australia, most of them GSR's, not many 7G's at all.

On the other hand, New Zealand has more 7-8G's than sheep, but most with a 1.6L engine i beleive.

In Conclusion, from my point of view, if the performance level 7G+ Galants were available here, then many of us would have one or at least be thinking about one, but as they are forbidden fruit, 6G remains our pleasure, in comparison to the yankees, once a 6G fan you have now upgraded and moved on - god bless ya's

You also have to mind the fact that cars are way cheaper in the US. So when you want to buy a Galant in the US you wind up with a 7g or 8g a whole lot easier than here in the Netherlands.

92mpi
    yup, it's a matter of economics and should i say reputation? here in manila, you would most probably see more 6G in very good condition than the 7G.

6G's here have an image of being sturdy and having better ride than the 7G, and it commands better resale value.

some even consider it being a "cult car", like the exotic EVOs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast