The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My new toys

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Gir

My new toys

8ggalant
    thats not a t25 is it :? ...please save up buy a bigger turbo...what kinda #'s r u tryin 2 reach not much w/ a t25 (fact and opinion mixed)...but yea...i like the goodies...how long till u start the install??

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey thats awomse your doing your own turbo install. Keep us updated.

BTW: How much were all the parts?

yah it looks like a t-25 but the flange where the 02 and downpipe hook up to kind of looks like a t3/t4 flange

your gonna need the the recirculation kit for that hks SSBOV www.blowoffvalves.com is where i got mine from

your gonna love the sound of the HKS we just finished installing a custom kit i put together for my friends lancer and hes running a HKS its damn loud even recirculated
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

hey GIR what kind of injectors are those? and what cc?

Gir
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    thats not a t25 is it :? ...please save up buy a bigger turbo...what kinda #'s r u tryin 2 reach not much w/ a t25 (fact and opinion mixed)...but yea...i like the goodies...how long till u start the install??

Yes it's a T25, no I'm not looking for huge numbers. I will only be boosting to the stock actuator's limit. Anything beyond will be only done with an engine rebuild. The T25 works fine...fact. Opinion...it doesn't have as high of boost numbers before it craps out compared to a 14B. Problem I have is that a 14b will be a lot older and this turbo was free....whats' wrong with free?

free is my favorite word lol
    i just had a couple more questions... what are those studs and nuts for next to the BOV

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64T
    free is my favorite word lol

u can say that again ...half my car's mods have been free or from a hookup...but yea...i was jus makin sure u knew...when i had my 7g...i got ripped off (cuz i didnt do research) and bought a hole buncha shyt that was old or that i coulda got for a hell of alot cheaper....ill probly be goin with a small 16g...i have a t25 and 14b that run fine if any1's interested...i may use the 14b for a 16g rebuild :twisted:

i may use the 14b for a 16g rebuild :twisted:
    lol thats what im doing too hahah take alook at this site if you hadent seen it yet this is where im getting the parts from

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchan...Code=UNIV-Tcomp

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64T
    i may use the 14b for a 16g rebuild :twisted:
    lol thats what im doing too hahah take alook at this site if you hadent seen it yet this is where im getting the parts from

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/m...ode=UNIV-Tcomp
    yo good lookin the local turbo shop wanted way more than what this place is chargin for parts

yah thats how i found this place too shop around here are just tryin rip people off

Gir
    I have a friend who owns www.fi-r.com. Travis is the man. He'll hook me up on turbo rebuilds and stuff. The reason I'm scared to hop into a 16g is the cost really. The fact is, it's gonna cost you a motor rebuild and new pistons with it. Given we have 2g rods, those are find, but still... Ross pistons - 500, new rod bearings, check clearances, rings, metal head gasket, all that get purty expensive. Not sure what he'd charge me but Travis would do mine if anyone, but he's kinda busy at them moment....dunno. Downtime is a bitch too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah downtime is a bitch. Im building my motor out of the car so it shouldnt be down for too long. Im not gonna start messin with the motor til after new years cuz im trying to do the 5 speed swap now. When i do the motor im gonna do a full tutorial, pics and video and if everything works the way it "should" its gonna be bad ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    it really all depends on yer goal...if yer only lookin to make 160-180whp then u can use a basic setup...but im sure if u want mid 200whp and up(as i do) u have no choice but to build...thats why im gonna go ahead and get the 16g...and i bought a spare longblock and a complete head so therr will be little to no down time...but yea as far as the turbo...the more the turbo flows the more hp u'll make...so with a 16g ull make more power than with a 14b at the same amount of boost (thats the main reason im choosing this turbo)

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>it really all depends on yer goal...if yer only lookin to make 160-180whp then u can use a basic setup...but im sure if u want mid 200whp and up(as i do) u have no choice but to build...thats why im gonna go ahead and get the 16g...and i bought a spare longblock and a complete head so therr will be little to no down time...but yea as far as the turbo...the more the turbo flows the more hp u'll make...so with a 16g ull make more power than with a 14b at the same amount of boost (thats the main reason im choosing this turbo)</div>

If that is the case, then why are there still countless 1 and 2g DSM's with 16G's that are slower than guys who dump more cash into their stock T25 setups. That is my only point i want to make. I've seen waaaaaay too many 16g guys w/o the timeslips or dyno sheets to warrent the 300+ extra dollars they spent on a new or used 16g. Unless it is done right, you can have a useless pile of money on your car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    There area a million sides to the T25 vs. other turbo's debate. It all depends on what else you got done, boost controllers, electronics, ignition, engine internals, etc. With the right engine setup you can get a 11 second car, no problem, but it would be easier attained using a different turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>free is my favorite word lol Â*
    i just had a couple more questions... what are those studs and nuts for next to the BOV</div>

Sorry just noticed you asked about those and the injectors. The studs are exhaust manifold and turbo studs. I got the exhaust studs just in case i crack one on the way out. The injectors are stock 1g's. I need resistors too ...anyone can hook me up? I believe that they are 450's or 440s something like that.

ThaiAngel
    hey nice!!!!
    Cant wait to see it after its all done!!
    lol@jack in the pic