The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice...7g + turbo...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 94 of 94
    galantin
    no intercooler, none at all. i am putting together a water injection system first and ill work out a frontmount setup later. i was thinking of using a water to air intercooler and using my ac condenser as an aftercooler, hmmm. the turbo i am using is a 14b from a 1g. its a little small for our motors but it spools at 2500 rpm! and doesnt seem to run out of breath at high rpm at least at low boost. well like i said my car felt like a low 14 sec car (ask the mustang i beat the other day) and this is with my half burned up auto tranny and stock exhaust that is soon to be replaced. i have heard rumors of the 5spd dropping 2 sec off your 1/4 time so add that with a decent turbo setup and few other mods and i think you will achieve your goal of a 12-13 sec car. remember the 4g64 is just a bored and stroked 4g63 that has one cam and doesnt crankwalk. hope this helps

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Galant 4g64s are 7bolt therefore are liable to crankwalk. Maybe not so much as a 2g 4g63t but still, I do not want to take my chances with a 7bolt block

You have an auto tranny, so right now I doubt crankwalk chances are even possible, but who knows

Im still confused on the "intercooler-less" setup. Dont things heat up under your hood?
    7g for life!

galantin
    have you ever heard of a 4g64 crankwalking? not me, the dsm experts on other sites all say they have never seen or heard of one doing that either. everyone has their theorys of why it occurs but i dont think the clutch down start has anything to do with it, if you are still worried about, bypass the clutch switch, or in our cases with a swap, dont hook it up. the intercooler does only one thing and that is it cools down the compressed air coming from the turbo to the engine, reduces intake air temps so to reduce knock and increase intake air density while increasing power. it does not really make a difference on underhood temps. while not necessary at low boost, running without one does leave a lot of room for improvement as i have to run less timing and more fuel so the engine will not knock. after the swap is complete and budget allows it i am getting one first before anything else.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantin)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you ever heard of a 4g64 crankwalking? not me, Â*the dsm experts on other sites all say they have never seen or heard of one doing that either. Â*everyone has their theorys of why it occurs but i dont think the clutch down start has anything to do with it, if you are still worried about, bypass the clutch switch, or in our cases with a swap, dont hook it up. Â*the intercooler does only one thing and that is it cools down the compressed air coming from the turbo to the engine, reduces intake air temps so to reduce knock and increase intake air density while increasing Â*power. Â*it does not really make a difference on underhood temps. Â*while not necessary at low boost, running without one does leave a lot of room for improvement as i have to run less timing and more fuel so the engine will not knock. Â*after the swap is complete and budget allows it i am getting one first before anything else.</div>

bro i have a 2g smic that ill probly GIVE u...or juss ask for a few bucks....lemme kno...im goin with a front mount on both my g's so i have no need for it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33733

So IF this transmission did indeed need new synchros, how hard would they be to replace? He said it shifted smoothly through all gears, so I may have to jump on it...

Also, craig, how much hp is your 4g63t pushing? and your galant 5spd is still holding up?

o yah, and are 2g and galant slave and master clutch cylinders swapable?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If it needs new synchros than its not gonna shift smoothly, no matter what. Its gonna have some grinding when you shift. Grinding is no good !! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

galantin
    synchros are easy to replace, if your a transmision mechanic. i watched somebody do this, and trust me im a mechanic and i wouldnt want to do that. it requires a lot of special tools and know how so take it to a good transmission shop and have them open it up and replace what is needed or totally rebuild it. pretty sure the 2g slave cylinder will work but the m/c on the eclipse has a remote reservoir and ours is mounted on it, its close to the hood so i dont think you could make it work. your tranny is used so it might have the slave still on it, mine did. i see you have the top bracket still bolted to the top of that tranny(you bought it right?), thats a good thing too cuz it cost like $70 at the dealer. the front is skinnier on the manual but the larger auto one will bolt up. i used the auto on mine so i would have a little more support and so i didnt have to buy a new one. if you guys want ill put up a post with a complete parts list. more people need to start doing this, i just finshed mine tonight and lets just say the stock tires can be smoked all the way through 2nd and bark the hell outa them in 3rd. huge difference!

Dark Anghell
    Seth, after having my ride for almost a year, all I can say is STAY WITH 4G64! The engine ran fine for a while, but as soon as I began doing all the maintenance things like t/belt, etc. the problems started to come up. Let's just say that 1500 bucks later in a matter of 2 weeks the motor is totally f**ked up. The crank is totally worn, the motor is nutorious to leak, it's like it's on PMS or something. You can push more power on the 4g63 stock, but there's more potential with your 4g64. I got a mitsu teck here in WA who's dropping a 4g64 hybrid into his GSX race car, it'll put down around 600-700 to the wheels, no 4g63 can do that.

As for crank walk, even 1g 4g63's can crankwalk it's just not as common. As 7-bolt 4g64's, did they have addidtional oil squirters installed into them? If not, then you have very little chance of getting crankwalk.

Right now I returned my ride back to stock, and will drive it for a bit 'till I pay off the repairs, and then start looking for something I used to have about a year ago...and I am saving all my turbo goodies from the GSX, hehe, so stay tuned.

The only motors that crankwalked were the DSM's. Not all 7-bolts. I know you already got your motor and all, just clearing this up
    The 7's made in normal, illinois had faulty thrust bearings, that were prone to giving out when a force on the crank was applied, such as dumping the clutch out, etc.

sethmo
    Yes I know that as I have heard the evo 1-3 motors do not crankwalk and they are 7bolts.

And Dark Anghell thats awesome that you are coming back to the Galant scene 8)

thread save of the century hahahah. so much good info in here i thought that i would bring it back.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    ugh seths such a noob =p

I do believe I bought that transmission for $200 shipped and to this day it shifts through all gears including reverse smoothly lol!

**ashamed at the n00b he once was**

:D
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I do believe I bought that transmission for $200 shipped and to this day it shifts through all gears including reverse smoothly lol!

**ashamed at the n00b he once was**

:D
    meh But your our NOOB seth.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345