The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice...7g + turbo...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 94
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    what do you guys think of This?

Yes its 7bolt from a 96, but its cheap :lauging:

low miles, minus turbo and timing belt. But from what you guys are saying about how much the cyclones can handle on stock bottum end and head, that is very temping
    7g for life!

i'm not sure there's a difference in the bottom end between JDM's and 1g engine, from what i remember they are the same except for the JDM has a red valve cover (+50hp!!).. and the cyclone is an intake manifold, not an engine remember?

Yes I know. the head is different as well. Not sure about the exhaust manifold though...
    7g for life!

Gir
    No on the 4g63t, yes on the hybrid. Not to sound like a tape recorder, but there IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. Plain and simple. The added .4 liters have resulted in huge differences in spool time. Anthony and I talked and he said Craig even admitted he'd have done better to have gotten the hybrid. Craig's got a 63t and he's running 14's...no offense but those aren't exactly the most desireable of numbers for the amount of money it probably cost him to put the motor in his car. All said and done, he probably would have done better buying a 1g gsx and doing the same time after he put in maintence to get the car back to stock. I saw someone put that a 4g63 is great becuase it's proven...well you should be happy doing a hybrid since it's the EXACT same block just with a longer stroke. Give stryker204 about a few more months and he'll have a running hybrid in his galant. He's got the head and the block already, looking for rods and a few other minor things and the assembly will be starting soon. All those who doubt the hybrid will amazed when he's done.

yes...no replacement for displacement. But unfortunately, you fail to take into consideration the amount of money he's going to spend. Sure, if you're spending a ton of money, dohc-swap the motor and boost it, yay. but he's not spending thousands and thousands of dollars. From what I've heard, the DOHC swap is not worth the time or the money, and it's certainly not the most stable of hybrids. Sure, more airflow, and .4L. But running 20+ lbs on a stock bottom end will more than offset this decreased engine size. Good luck boosting those kinds of numbers on a block not designed for boost, not to mention one with a rather unstable set up (from what i've heard).

Go with the 6-bolt, run 20 lbs, and be happy. Nice and easy, nice and cheap, nice and quick.

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes...no replacement for displacement. But unfortunately, you fail to take into consideration the amount of money he's going to spend. Sure, if you're spending a ton of money, dohc-swap the motor and boost it, yay. but he's not spending thousands and thousands of dollars. From what I've heard, the DOHC swap is not worth the time or the money, and it's certainly not the most stable of hybrids. Sure, more airflow, and .4L. But running 20+ lbs on a stock bottom end will more than offset this decreased engine size. Good luck boosting those kinds of numbers on a block not designed for boost, not to mention one with a rather unstable set up (from what i've heard). Â*

Go with the 6-bolt, run 20 lbs, and be happy. Nice and easy, nice and cheap, nice and quick.</div>

Dude, really how much do you know? I think you like to just post to hear yourself talk sometimes. Denver has publiclly posted his swap, it worked he ran a 14b and he talked about how incredibly fast it was. I don't understand? Unstable? I've yet to hear anyone who built the motor CORRECTLY and have problems. Yes, one guy blew his up becuase he set it up wrong, and yes moosh got screwed when the timing of his motor was off by a touch. There are several dsm guys with hybrids running fine. The block is built for boost....it's a 4g63 block. Tell me what else it takes to qualify it for boost? If you must weld the crank and get it knifed.

Costs? I'm REALLY confused here. If you are an internet mechanic yes this can get expensive. If you are a mechanic, do your own work and buy parts for good prices and don't run out and get the most expensive of everything then you can do this relatively inexpensively. A swap components are fairly cheap, the two biggest items are the head and the ecu....400-500 bux you are looking at with some misc. extra parts....coil packs, gaskets, and such...plugging the block is simple...again, I REALLY fail to see the difficulty factor here. Being that you are from the honda camp now and that you may not be up to date on DSM's here, it's not uncommon to have a hybrid.

I could understand your reaction if i said, hey...go buy a 64 block, graft on a mivec head and have fun and turbo it. Nobody's done it, it's all foreign and it may or may not work when you even get the parts....this is completely different. It is done, it's been done...need I say more?

I post this once again from dsmtalk..

4G64 junkyard motor - 64SA piston code on top of pistons = 9.5:1 CR

Results: 300whp @ 6200rpm on an AWD dynojet; ~275 ft-lb from 3500-6000rpm

Conditions: ~800' elevation, ~85 deg F, 29.90 in-Hg

Setup: 91 octane, 13psi boost, 15 deg timing at 7k

Components: Big everything

300 hp is far more than any 64 has gotten to yet and I think this is more the numbers that people are hoping for.

stryker204
    well well well....looks like we have some hybrid disbeleavers or unbleavers eh....well i guess that the secret is out that im currently building a hybrid....and notice that the hybrid motor that Gir has posted above was producing 300whp on only 13 psi....and i really dont kno where u get that the 64 block wasnt built for boost seeing how there are almost identical....the 64's were just not intended for boost ....im using stock crank and rods because they have been proven to hold there own seeing i have the 1g 'fat rods'....i plan on making 400hp at max boost on my hybrid....and seeing the numbers these cars are putting out with the hybrids it will not be hard at all....the amount of money i have spent so far 175$.....thats it....below are some pics of the motors i have....make sure ur bibs are on....thank u....and slips and numbers will be up soon....

4g64 block

4g63 block w/ pistons

thank u....comments are welcome....[/LIST]

Very nice, where have you been shopping to get your parts for so cheap?
    7g for life!

stryker204
    i got the block from Travis Tuner....guy lives in FL. who also knows a lot about hybrids....and i got a compleat 1g from school....its never been run...NEVER...so i got it for free ....and im doing the work myself....so save in money there....*gives 2 thumbs up*

ok...the 2 stories of hybrids that i heard said: 1. Almost NO power gains, not worth the money or 2. Lots of technical problems, having a hard time working them out. I guess i can accept a hybrid now, because my sampling of hybrids that i had seen were not worth it at all.
    And Gir...posting to hear my myself talk? I don't think so. I post when i feel i have something useful to say. Apparently my opinion on this matter was not wanted, so I'll go delete my posts.
    What exactly is the difference, then, between a 4g63 and 64? I would imagine the stroke makes up most of the difference between the two, but also the bore would almost HAVE to be larger...larger bore means thinner cylinder walls, which means less stability under high boost situations. But whatever, you guys probably know more than me when it comes to mitsu motors.
    stryker: what kind of turbo are you using? 300hp on 13 pounds boost sounds like a big 16g to me...or a 20g?

Hmmm I think I have been persuaded to build a 4g64 hybrid. I think overall it will be cheaper and I will yeild more power. Now I just have to find a spare block, head, o and all the parts 8)
    7g for life!

This head looks nice. Said it was re-surfaced and ready for rebuilding 8)
    ClickHere

Now I need a block! Im thinking of getting the HKS 272 Exhaust cam and HKS 264 Intake shafts and some camgears. What else would you guys recommend?

Now where could I find a spare 2.4L block? How about the 4gcs or whatever that Hyundia block is? I hear its better than the 4g64 block...
    7g for life!

stryker204
    the turbo im gunna throw on is not any of ur buisness...hehe...but i was refering to gir's post ....300hp at 13psi....and no....im not running a 16g....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stryker204)</div><div class='quotemain'>the turbo im gunna throw on is not any of ur buisness...hehe...but i was refering to gir's post ....300hp at 13psi....and no....im not running a 16g....</div>
    yeah, as if i could use any of your tuning info, lol

Well each app is different. Pretty much comes down to the extent of tunging done. For instance:

95 Talon TSi
    MODS:
    HRC super 20g/10cm exhaust housing,Web cams 546/547, spearco FMIC, 1g head unported, 1g intake manifol and throttle body, cam gears, stock 2g engine, FWD but using AWD tranny, 720cc injectors, Apex SAFC, MSD DIS2, walbro 255 pump, running 19psi.

291AWhp 292ftlbs

Im sure with more tuning he could have gotten closer to 320AWhp...
    7g for life!

stryker204
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    yeah, as if i could use any of your tuning info, lol </div>

wow....arent u a peice of shit....i said and or offered nothing of tuning advice....if u really want advice i can give u some....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stryker204)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow....arent u a peice of shit....i said and or offered nothing of tuning advice....if u really want advice i can give u some....</div>
    A piece of shit? whoa there bud. Why did you suddenly get so pissed? I never asked for advice whatsoever...I'm fairly confident in ability to properly boost my and others' cars (mainly hondas). All I asked was what kind of turbo you were using, not for advice. I was simply curious as to what kind of turbo you were using in your set up, if you reread my post again, you'll see that I was simply asking an informational question, not asking you for advice....I have no need for your advice whatsoever.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>This head looks nice. Â*Said it was re-surfaced and ready for rebuilding Â*8) Â*
    ClickHere

Now I need a block! Â*Im thinking of getting the HKS 272 Exhaust cam and HKS 264 Intake camgears. Â*What else would you guys recommend?

Now where could I find a spare 2.4L block? Â*How about the 4gcs or whatever that Hyundia block is? Â*I hear its better than the 4g64 block...</div>

yo..keep an eye on ebay...i got my longblock (crank rods pistons all included) and head seperately but they r the same engine off of ebay...juss keep looking around....also for performance look up my post "good news for the i4 guys" therrs a site on therr that builds yer version(7g galant/2g eclipse) of the hybrid....

what kind of numbers does a hybrid put down stock? i would guess somewhere in the 150-155 range?

stryker204
    are u talkin to the wheels or at the crank? cause galants put down somewhere near 140 or so at the crank

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast