The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chirping noise from wheels

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Chirping noise from wheels

My car has a little problem that I can't quite pin down. When I am moving and my window is down I hear a chiming/chirping/whistling noise from my front driver wheel. It is really quite and can't be heard with the windows up, but I am a perfectionist so it has been drivng be nuts lately.
    It isn't the wheel itself or the tire. It isn't the brake assembly. I think it has something to do with the wheel bearings since it is related to tire rotation (I go faster, it goes faster). Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Josh
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Any stones stuck in your tread? I had that happen to me, and it drove me mad until I found the stone stuck on the inside tread

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

i had that problem just today. my galant hasn't been driven in 2 weeks. i checked the tire pressure and it was more than 10 psi lower than spec. you might wanna check that out

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Kain
    Hmm, usually that's a sign that the brakes are down to the "squeeler" letting you know that it's time to service the brakes. But you seem to have already ruled it out. Umm, a small stone tightly wedged in the tire could cause such a noise. A slightly unbalanced wheel, or bent rim could cause that (quite improbable though), The Galant has no front wheelbearings per-se so you can't have a problem with something you don't have. It could even be a wearing strut. That's really all the help I can offer you.

This is the second set of wheels that do this.
    The first set, I rotated to make sure it wasn't the wheel. Then when I put the wheels on this weekend, I had new tires put on.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

maybe u should take off the rims and put back on ur hubcaps and see if it stops, if it does, send the rims to me

Sorry Denver, but the hubcaps do it too.

Nice try though.

haha, never hurts to try..... I think it has to do with ur brakes...cuz thats the only chirping noise I know about