The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: nitrous vs SDS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    scgalant
    hahahaha
    your so funny

leadfoot
    ok ok ok stop the DRAMA before the thread get's close i am between the biggest desicion on my car and i dont want to have this thread close it's basically the only respectable resource to galant members there are out there. so stop the b!tching and please only give you constuctive opinion to the thread at hand. oh and 8ggalant lol i know for damn sure that out P.O.S tranny aint gonna hold up for nothin if i get into the 14's with my auto then ill be one happy mofo. i plan to get a 5-speed swap before the S/C or nitrous but for all of you that have given your opinons i appriciate it. lol and scootin turbo is the last thing i want to do. i know with a turbo set up you can make alot of power but there are to many components for me to keep up with S/C and nitrous is basically plug and play. oh and i have desided to get a ZEX wet 75 shot. but that's just to hold me until i get enough money to run wuith the big boys.

Anyway, back on topic after a brief intermission...

Either go with the supercharger or turbo..it'll cost more, but it will be better in the long run. I honestly don't feel like explaining it all right now, just remember that nitrous is not "go-fast-easy-for-cheap." It's go fast when you properly build the motor for it, aka so it doesn't blow up. Just remember: Pick two.

Reliable
    Fast
    Cheap

Pick two, and only two. You need to decide.

gost2002es
    if you plan on getting a wet system plan on doing engine work if you dont wnna blow it up. go with dry and you can leave your motor alone.

leadfoot
    ok wet or dry system umm ok shane whats the best for stock internals?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok Â*wet or dry system umm ok shane whats the best for stock internals?</div>

Neither, its nitrous oxide.. Never wanna use nitrous on stock internals no matter who you are, and if you think your motor doesnt already have damage if you are on stocks think again.. NO such thing as safe when juice is involved.. If you gonna spray dont be cheap and not work the internals, look at twisted fried a piston on a 65-shot.. I blew mine up on a 150-shot and the motor was semi-built.. Think of how hard your pistons and valves have to work when your motor encounters and instant shot of nitrous, for your motor is like getting a heart attack..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>the engine is almost brand new it's got 26k on it, i got it in febuary used and it had 6k on it then so ive put on 18k in less than a year. and your right i cant have my cake and eat it too but i want to be fast and it last for as long as possible.( fast meaning 13's but im aiming for low 12's) if that means building the motor then so be it but i dont want to have to get a new motor every year.</div>

sorry to say it bro but yer not reachin the 12's with our tranny...and u have the i4 right....i can see matt or sum of the v6 sc'd guys hittin low 13's hight 14s with the auto but thats about it (till im proven wrong :twisted: )...but yea thats my opinon...and yea...leave scootin alone....for u get banned...hahahahahhahahaha (that happend to one of that last guys that was harrasin him juss so u kno )</div>

i have an 01 es with a NX wet kit (its for sale now ) but anway i havent been to the track with it but i street race damn near every weekend and from all the races i have under my belt i would say with and intake, exahust, piping, header, and a 100 shot i ran low 14's if not high 13's cuz ive beatin modded type r's, gsr's, last week i beat a 350z from a rolling start, rsx type s, a 5.0 with headers an other mods so nitrous isnt anything to laugh at (no pun intended ) but on the other hand it gets exspensive i pay 15 dollars to get my bottles filled but thats cuz im sponserd by the shop everyone else pays $40 each so if you are like your names says you'll probably be filling up very often and 40 bucks each time adds up quick
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

leadfoot
    there will be no internal work done to the car all i getting in ripp hi flow header, aem intake, aem cam gears, aem pulleys, safc, walbro fuel pump. then i get the spray. i hope to be in the high 14's but im not sure if im being realistic.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>there will be no internal work done to the car all i getting in ripp hi flow header, aem intake, aem cam gears, aem pulleys, safc, walbro fuel pump. then i get the spray. i hope to be in the high 14's but im not sure if im being realistic.</div>

14s r very reasonable...but im tellin u...u dont wanna be the one person who sprayed and fried sum rings or worse after the 1st day sprayin...i dont kno 1 person who hasnt fried the orginal motor sprayin and then built for spray...locally anyway...yer juss pushin yer luck...for example..thats why i got a spare engine be4 i boost my engine...this way u have a backup plan....goin fast costs alotta money man no matter how u look at it...id say save all that money yer gonna spend on the nitrous kit and fillin bottles and juss get the sds...itll be worth the w8....hey im still rollin slow (cai and exhaust) but if ya just save money and be patient....1/4 mi times will fall

very true man unless you have and excessive amount of cash flow the only way to do it is save i know the wait is gonna be hard trust me :cry: but it will all be worth it in the end
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Hell yeah save your ass off.. Shoot i still be cutting coupons on sunday, yea i said it, i cut coupons..lol... I got 1 for a $1 of hot pockets if anybody wants it..lmao.. To go fast, your money is gonna go even faster.. It took me 2 months to save the build up my motor for boost, then it only took a weekend for me to break something, you always gotta be prepared just incase..Save the money and do it right the first time..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    yeah i just came into some money so i guees ill holdoff on the nitrous and get the SDS in a year or so. thanks for the feedback though

the boosted gs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah i just came into some money so i guees ill holdoff on the nitrous and get the SDS in a year or so. thanks for the feedback though</div>

Good idea.. Believe me, the wait will be well worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Neither, its nitrous oxide.. Never wanna use nitrous on stock internals no matter who you are, and if you think your motor doesnt already have damage if you are on stocks think again.. NO such thing as safe when juice is involved.. If you gonna spray dont be cheap and not work the internals, look at twisted fried a piston on a 65-shot.. I blew mine up on a 150-shot and the motor was semi-built.. Think of how hard your pistons and valves have to work when your motor encounters and instant shot of nitrous, for your motor is like getting a heart attack..</div>
    finally...newbies need to realize that nitrous doesn't mean "go fast easy." yeah, it was cool in F&F, but we all know what my thoughts on F&F are...

I wouldn't say its like a heart attack, so much...more like a giant injection of adrenaline directly into your jugular vein...sure, you're gonna wig out and run like crazy for a minute or two, until your heart explodes

cheap + fast /= reliable, ever.

Remember the rule of the three...
    reliable, fast, cheap...pick two, and only two.

00GTZ00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gost2002es)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you plan on getting a wet system plan on doing engine work if you dont wnna blow it up. go with dry and you can leave your motor alone.</div>

whooo slow down.....

A wet system is MORE reliable than a dry. With the wet system you are injecting extra fuel along with the nitrous. Which help to prevent a lean condition in your car. Which is what blows up the motors.

Nitrous does not put anymore stress on the engine than a SC or turbo...Think about it for a sec. A SC/Turbo set up is ramming air into the engine and causing the engine to work more than it was originally designed to. A nitous system does the same thing it "Rams" more fuel (the air) into the engine to make it work harder to produce more power.

Another big mistake that people make is that they do not put proper plugs in the engine and do not adjust the timing properly with the amount of nitrous that you are running...

leadfoot
    ok how come when anyone mentions nitrous someone has to say some $hit bout F&F i dont get it, sure the movie was very unrealistic but come on stop with the comparisons

TGC Regular
    SDS

there is just no comparrsion between the two

Alister_McRae
    Go SDS, it will be easier believe it or not on your cars motor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12