The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BOV & boost question

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    stuVr4

BOV & boost question

im buying a BOV, and boost controller, do i need to buy any special pipes to install them? I've seen pics of cars with non-stock pipes with BOV on them. help me out!

mjc1055
    well correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure that the BOV is mounted on the intercooler piping, so if you dont have one of those i'd say your not going to be able to install it.

what kind of BOV are you getting check out this site www.blowoffvalves.com they have some good info
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

ken inn
    the 1g bov on the car is excellent, if anything, you should get the dejon crushed one. www.dejontools.com. unless you are going rice and want the sound, which may not work with your car. if you just want the sound, you can run a dejon intake with a k&n, and it will be pretty loud. also, there a several problems with aftermarket bov's on the vr4, and fitting is only one of them. if you are getting a boost controller, you also better get a boost gauge, or you are asking for trouble. the stock one in the dash is not accurate, it only shows what the ecu THINKS the boost is. also, if your fuel system is stock, the most you can safely run is 15 lbs, and you should think about rewiring the fuel pump. since jeff o rebuilds the ecu for free, you got ripped off.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 1g bov on the car is excellent, if anything, you should get the dejon crushed one. Â*www.dejontools.com. Â*unless you are going rice and want the sound, which may not work with your car. Â*if you just want the sound, you can run a dejon intake with a k&n, and it will be pretty loud. Â*also, there a several problems with aftermarket bov's on the vr4, and fitting is only one of them. Â*if you are getting a boost controller, you also better get a boost gauge, or you are asking for trouble. Â*the stock one in the dash is not accurate, it only shows what the ecu THINKS the boost is. Â*also, if your fuel system is stock, the most you can safely run is 15 lbs, and you should think about rewiring the fuel pump. Â*since jeff o rebuilds the ecu for free, you got ripped off.</div>

who is jeff o? he rebuilds ecu for free???