The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kit

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

kit

where can i get the kit on this galant?
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/401126

Rasko Da Gama
    Hey buddy - this is 6G Galant GTi bodi Kit. Sideskirts are the same as at VR-4, but bumpers are JDM. From JDM VR-4, aor JDM GSR, or European GTi.

TGC Regular
    so those are actually stock? just not in the US?

how can i get my hands on it, or even a replica?

Rasko Da Gama
    I see this JDM bumpers at ebay often. Check it out time to time and you might get lucky.

For a start - check out this nice peace of JDM Galant VR-4 rear spoiler with lamp lense that reads "MITSUBISHI".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ame=rvi%3A1%3A1

J apmetal
    That kit is exactly the same as my GTi - That spoiler on Ebay is also the same as mine, and it isnt a brake-lamp that lights up, it's just a black rubber block !!

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J apmetal)</div><div class='quotemain'>That kit is exactly the same as my GTi - That spoiler on Ebay is also the same as mine, and it isnt a brake-lamp that lights up, it's just a black rubber block !!</div>

You're not totaly right m8. Some JDM VR-4's have brake light installed in rear spoiler. European GTi's have the same spoiler, but instead of brake light there is black rubber that reads MITSUBISHI too.

In this particular case, spoiler should have brake light - acording to this add:
    Type: JDM
    Manufacturer: Mitsubishi of Japan
    Part:
    This is a factory neoprene type wing from a 91 Turbo Galant. It does have some minor scratches. Polishing will get most of them out. It is perfectly straight and there are no dents or other imperfections anywhere on the wing.
    May fit other similar size cars.
    Brake light hardware included.
    Brake light lens reads "MITSUBISHI".

Color: Silver

Proof

Look at the 2nd Galant from behind...

Night shot

marktheblake
    I realise this might not help you directly, but you never know when another Aussie is looking for the same info.

Here is a couple of Australian importers of front cuts, and they tell me that they normally have VR4 front bumper sections available.

http://www.japparts.com.au/ :Gold Coast
    http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/ :Adelaide

They can freight internationally but i expect that it wouldnt be cost effective to the USA. I am sure there are companies in US that do the same thing. I found these two, by searching at Google on: 'japan front cuts'. I found that by searching on Galant was too restrictive and never found anything.

In fact I only found the Gold Coast company last night, and I am about to drive over there and have a look, beats paying the $150 freight i was quoted from Adelaide. - and I am very excited:-)

marktheblake
    Yep, went and had a look at this VR4 style front this morning and its exactly the same as this.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/401126
    they have the clear corners too, and a DOHC turbo for me to drool over as well.

$275 (about US$190) seems a good price to me and about half of what i have been able to find elswhere, and i can see this one before i buy.

Only problem is that its black and i have a white car. Heck might be worthwhile not painting it at all.

only other issue is that its the front off a HG and I have a HH. But to best of my knowledge there is no difference between the two,structually its the same car.

92mpi
    marktheblake,

the galant look that proud galant driver wants is what our local issue galant looks like (exept the rear garnish). It looks exactly like the VR4 but that's it. (The engine is N/A and only 2WD.) the body parts are very easy to find here.

That should give you an idea what to ask your relatives to get you when they come over here.

By the way, are they locals here or do they have local friends? If not, I can get the parts that you need and meet them somewhere.

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(92mpi)</div><div class='quotemain'>By the way, are they locals here or do they have local friends? Â*If not, I can get the parts that you need and meet them somewhere.</div>

ah yes, now i remember where you are from. Thanks for the offer, but cant really imagine my relatives carrying a VR4 bumper section in their suitcase, and i cant remember at the moment whether I have anything small i need.

He is a Filipino national, but hasnt lived there for a generation, but his family is there, in Cavite i think.

in any case i am picking up this VR4 bumper tomorrow.

92mpi
    Good move (the vr4 bumper). That's what I'm doing now, converting my galant to the JDM VR4 look. I'll send you some pictures as soon as I finish my project.