The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lets get started on my 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)

lets get started on my 7g

i have a 96 GALANT S and i need info in performance parts fast
    i already have a APC dual exit exhaust sound nice what else do i need and what brands are the best THANX

G-UNIT
    A
    L
    A
    N
    T

:twisted: Killing Rice Ever Since I Got My G.
    [/url]

TGC Regular
    We don't really have any aftermarket parts made for the 7g. The first thing that you would want to do is search this forum for performance parts. There has been dozens of lists made of things that you can do to your car. A cheap mod that you can do is the custom CAI (cold air intake), look at the top post in the performance section and you'll see it. Good luck and welcome to the forum 8)

when is we gon be free????

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    no nothing no intake headers you know the works damn that suck will should try tu convince companies to make part for our cars just like the fornt bumper C-WEST #1

Dark Anghell
    There are more parts than you might think. The eclipse spyder non-turbo (2nd gen) ises the same 4g64 as the galant, so the parts from that car work on the galant. The new eclipse (3rd gen) uses same parts, but only the internal parts will work. I think the engine is reversed though (cams on pass. side instear of dr. side).

Hope this helps.

Experienced TGC Member
    Depends what your looking for. We can use a shitload of parts from the turbo eclipse, talon, laser, things from engine to suspension. There are a few sohc adjustable cam gears out there, intakes you could make urself, or just buy one from any car and do a little cutting and make it fit.

The non turbo eclispe, later ones anyway are not mitsu engines, 420a, and we cant use their parts.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The non turbo eclispe, later ones anyway are not mitsu engines, 420a, and we cant use their parts.</div>

True, but the Spyders do share the same motor as the galant.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Anghell)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The non turbo eclispe, later ones anyway are not mitsu engines, 420a, and we cant use their parts.</div>

True, but the Spyders do share the same motor as the galant.</div>

Ye but usualy most people seperate Spyder and Eclipse. So if you say NA Eclipse they assume your talking about a 420a, not the Spyder which is also NA with a 2.4 4g64.

But yes we can use any part made for a Spyder engine since it IS our same engine. But like us there arent that many parts made for it either.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    so I can buy any part from engine tu suspencion from a non-tubo sypder eclipse (2gen) and it would fit my 96 galant

Dark Anghell
    Yes. In my opinion, if plan on going NA, you should upgrade to DOHC head. I'm not sure if the intake ports are larger on DOHC from galant GS compared to the ones on 4g63t heads. If the ports are larger, then go with the 4g63t head. Then you have a choice of different valve-springs from HKS I believe, cam gears, cams, valves. For the rest of the motor (pistons, etc.) you can go with just about any company out there. Headers...didn't RPW make headers at some point?

So all galants really lack as far as parts go would be a nice stainless steel cat-back exhaust system made by a respectable company ofcourse

there are a couple stuff... yea theres headers for our cars check visionimports, they sell them... how bout the basic stuff such as intake, muffler, racing cat, fuel regulators, bigger pumps, stage1, 2 camshafts, maybe some hyper ground wiring, i dunno but you cant say there nothing out there for the g... pretty much what others stated before...just be creative and youll find out stuff you never new that could go on a g...we've all been through it...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    what parts do you all recommend if i am going SUPERCHARGED

and what other parts do you all recommend if i go TURBOCHARGED

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    IS THERE ANY JDM ENGINE FOR MY 96 GALANT S

Dark Anghell
    Supercharged: fuel system upgrade (injectors, fuel pump, fuel controller, dyno tuning at the end)

Turbocharged: fuel system uprade like for supercharder, if running more than 5-7lbs the compression must be lowered to about 9.0:1 (8.5:1 is ideal), intercooler, DOHC would help also but not nessessarry.

JDM motors: So far it's the 4g63T out of eclipse turbo. Otherwise there's 6A12 (v-6)... might fit...might not, never been done before by anyone in US.

Basically when you do any type of forced induction, the engine runs a lot leaner (not enough fuel...plenty of air). So you need to feed more fuel to the engine, and higher you boost (turbo mainly), the leaner your car runs. If you run too lean all the time your engine gets fried. Which is the #1 reason why hondas die when get turbocharged.

stryker204
    there was a 7g vr4 galant....also had the 6a12tt in it....not sure of the motor mount locations....but very sweet in my opion....

the only thing really different on the JDM 4g63 would be the 'Cyclone' intake mani....which i heard u can benifit from....a lot

u wanna see the ports on a 1g head:

i mean i dont have big thumbs but those are some huge ports ....

turbo mani's u can use the stock ones if im correct on the sohc head from the turboed eclipse....i think they bolt right up and compadable with big 16g's....

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    What's better SUPERCHARGED or TURBOCHARGED?

What is the price for a SUPERCHARGED KIT WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM

UPGRADE and what for the TURBOCHARGED?

Dark Anghell
    what's better is up to you.

Supercharger can only produce certain amount of pressure at certain RPM, after you pass that RPM range, you're getting the same amount of boost. So it's great for low-end power (torque). Price...I have no idea

Turbocharger option and price will depend on how far you are willing to go. I would suggest using the search button within this site, and you will find more info on this than what you can handle. But in summary, here it goes: Turbo's alone can cost you 100+for used, or 550-650 for big 16g. The bigger the turbo, the more power it will produce, the more fuel it will require. Nice thing about turbo is that to get extra HP you either add more boost, or install a bigger turbine assembly. With turbo, there's agreater chance of causeing damage to the engine. Because as soon as get the feeling of 5psi, you will try 8psi...feels much better. So you keep on cranking it up, and one day the engine goes BOOM!, and your car is finished with melted piston rings and pistons.

So the choice is yours. Turbocharging and supercharging a car is not an easy nor inexpensive thing to do. Keep this in mind.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    turbo sounds nice. but not whats that best turbo out there i don't care

about the price range. whats better a SINGLE a TWIN or WHAT OTHER

TURBO?

If you have a 4-cyli...turbocharge
    If you have a 6-cyli...either, i don't care.

Read the sticky posted by me in turbos, superchargers, and nitrous forum.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    1996 4-cyl galant S

Dark Anghell
    Dude, going with twins is not goiing to work. This setup is usually used on I-6 or V-6 cars.
    How big of a turbo to go with, and money is not an issue?
    Well for a street driven car a big 16g from EVO would work just fine, also get the EVO exhaust manifold.
    For a freeway killer, you can go with larger turbos that won't spool up until 4-5K RPM, like 3037 turbo, or if you want to go all out get t04r, used on supras to produce well over 600HP. Now with this turbo be ready to drop some cash into a magnus motorsports 4g64 hybrid ($4K), the turbo ($1-3K), and upgrading the fuel system, which is another grand at least. So it would be safe to say that you are into it at 10-12K dollars.
    Also if you go with a very large turbo, there will be some problems with traction even if you are going 50MPH. So you will need an LSD (by now you should have a 5-speed with extreme clutch), and a fully adjustable suspension top keep the front end on the ground.

So the choice is yours, the magnus block can handle well over 800HP, so you are good there, but I can't say that about the tranny, and other drivetrain parts (axles, etc.)

The biggest problem is traction. I see supercharged GSR's go through 2nd gear while still standing still. But if the LSD is present, those things can be very quick.

Personally I would not go past a big16g, just because the car is still drivable at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast