The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changed Spark Plugs Now Probelms

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Galant91Regular

Changed Spark Plugs Now Probelms

I'm having a problem, i've changed my spark plugs and spark plug wires plus i got a new distrubitor cap also. I made sure the gaps in the spark plugs were all correct, the firing order is correct. But this is the problem, when i start my car it like stutters a little bit then goes to regular idle, but now when i drive and start slowing down like to a stop sign or speed bump or something the rpms go down then my car stalls, every single time. I have work tomorrow and i really need some help please reply or email me at [email protected] thank you.

Are you sure you connected the spark plug wiring in the same order as before? And isn't it possible for you to try the old spark plugs again with the new wiring?
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Galant91Regular
    i'll try the old ones again, and yes i put them in firing order as what autozone.com tells me. can anyone or you tell me the firing order for 1991 Galant regular galant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant91Regular)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'll try the old ones again, and yes i put them in firing order as what autozone.com tells me. can anyone or you tell me the firing order for 1991 Galant regular galant.</div>Can't help you with that sorry.
    But if you try the old ones you can determine if the problem is the spark plugs or not.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

werkenskunkem
    firing order is 1-3-4-2 make sure the #1 spark plug wire is connected to the lower left hand side of the dist cap if youre infront of the cap and #3 goes on clockwise and so on #4 and #2