The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BURRRRR im getting cold... my blower motor isn't working!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    89tangalant

BURRRRR im getting cold... my blower motor isn't working!!

i just bought a 89 Galant LS and i was wondering since the car didnt come with a fuse panal cover which fuse is the motor hooked up too and........... another question.... if it ain't the fuse has anybody got a picture of the location of the motor and installtion instrutions???

Please i realy need some help!! This car has to heat the car up since it23 degrees F where i live and i have a 2 yr old that's counting on me as well!!!!!!

Thank You
    Josh

89tangalant

ever been a problem?

anybody ever had problems with their blower motor what so ever?

ken inn
    the blower motor is on the right side of the car, you have to remove the glovebox to get at it. get the cd to learn all about your car.

http://www.ecanfix.com/~manualcd/index2.htm

werkenskunkem
    i had a problem with my 89 galant blower too, the culprit was the blower motor relay which is located near the fuse box and the hood latch. there are two identical relays colored silver, switch them and see if your blower motor turns on,

89tangalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(werkenskunkem)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had a problem with my 89 galant blower too, the culprit was the blower motor relay which is located near the fuse box and the hood latch. there are two identical relays colored silver, switch them and see if your blower motor turns on,</div>

So if I did switch the relays what was the other one for?

Do they sell these relays at advance auto parts you think?

Thank You
    Josh

89tangalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>the blower motor is on the right side of the car, you have to remove the glovebox to get at it. Â*get the cd to learn all about your car.

http://www.ecanfix.com/~manualcd/index2.htm</div>

Also i wasn't looking into paying 30.00 plus shipping for something that someone might have done on the forum.....

i'm poor till i get my paycheck in two weeks and i have to shuttle a 2 yr old around till then, but i will try the relay thing tomorrow morning, but i do have one more question what does the other realy do before i would switch them around?

Thank You
    Josh

werkenskunkem
    hi josh, sorry i forgot there is only 1 relay in that area, coz i did it 2 years ago, pull it out and mark that relay, theres a relay same as that located at the engine bay, pull it out and try it on, if your blower comes on, you know the relay is the culprit, you can only buy it from the dealer, it only takes a day to order it, as soon youre finished testing it put all the relay back where you got it from coz for sure some component needs that relay to do their own task. hope this will help you goodluck!

werkenskunkem
    hey josh! what happend to ur heater now? is it working?

89tangalant
    nope!!!

I tried that relay thing but no fan working!! I guess it's the damn fan!

Thanks
    Josh

91GALANTDRIVER

Re: ever been a problem?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89tangalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>anybody ever had problems with their blower motor what so ever?</div>
    I have a 91 Galant and I was having the same problem and I had to replace the relay and the thermostat