The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: opinion: Aluminum of fiberglass wing?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 79
    roadrage936

opinion: Aluminum of fiberglass wing?

alright guyz, gimme a holla. Need to decide on whether to get an aluminum or fiberglass wing?

Everyone in our group has fiberglass, but I think aluminum would look good. I have a 2002 galant with patriot red paint.

So tell me what ya think? I wanna stand out in the group. Cause anyone knows that when they see a tricked galant they usually do this :shock: and then

ok now, gimme some feedback. Gotta make a decision soon; tired of being the one without one and looking like a :retard:

thanks for the reply

there are some pretty ugly fiberglass wings out there and there are some nice alluminum ones out there. so yea, gotta see piks of the wings. i mean most of us here prefer the fiberglass but a nice aluminum one would look better than an ugly fiberglass one

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

what ever u get, just make sure the color of the wing matches your car.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

roadrage936
    R u meaning that if aluminum, paint it? :?:

My buddies said instead of Aluminum, get CF cause it will make it look better blended, especially if CF Alezetta tails was added to the car.

Holla back, & peace

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    fiberglass.
    -Pedro

neither - but if ur going to get one anyways - need pics - it's all for looks anyway; ur not gonna be going fast enough to actually fufill a purpose

neither.. cause theyre all tacky as hell.

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>neither.. cause theyre all tacky as hell.</div>

what are you talking about? he hasn't even shown any pics of a wing yet, but they are ALL tacky? i think a properly placed wing finishes off a car. some cars look dumb without wings.

Sammy_ES
    Fiberglass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>there are some pretty ugly fiberglass wings </div>

Which wings are you talking about? Coming from someone with a Fiberglass wing..

the GTR from Erebuni is hot IMO
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Elwenil
    I know I'll get stomped for this one, but what about one like the wing on the S2000 in the post in the Other Pics forum? Maybe not as tall, but aluminum brackets and a CF airfoil. Just my .02 Come on, let me have it...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>there are some pretty ugly fiberglass wings </div>

the GTR from Erebuni is hot IMO</div>

I would like to know myself, since i got a fiberglass wing as well.. Wouldnt mind getting a CF wing though..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Elwenil
    As far as over the top CF wings go, I like the Universal CF Mega GT Wing from C-wings. Hell, even the name sounds rediculous, but I really like that GT, 24 Hours of Le Mans look...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>there are some pretty ugly fiberglass wings </div>

the GTR from Erebuni is hot IMO</div>

here's some samples

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Elwenil
    Ok, what the hell is up with two wings on one car?!?! Lol!

And now this! Not only is it two wings, but one is upside down! WTF?!?!?
    [/quote]

that is not the way that spoiler sits on that Celica. the spoilers are ugly but as far as the ones madr for our car. most all universal Glass spoilers that aren't OEM ....most not all are kinda .......Gay
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Sammy_ES
    Aren't wings made for cars that are rear wheel drive? I thought the purpose was to create downforce.

So, for those of us that have front wheel drive, I think that its best to go with a simple fiberglass wing thats obviously just for show than to be a big poser with an aluminum wing on stilts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>neither.. cause theyre all tacky as hell.</div>

what are you talking about? he hasn't even shown any pics of a wing yet, but they are ALL tacky? i think a properly placed wing finishes off a car. some cars look dumb without wings.</div>
    pretty much all spoilers are tacky. some of the factory smallish ones are okay. the large suckers are hideous no matter who makes them (If I got an evo, id definatly go for the smaller wing).

I prefer subtlety. A SMALL wing is okay on the right car.
    besides, putting stuff on that actually has a purpose on race cars but is only for show screams "POSER" to me.

of course, this is only my opinion.

TWISTED II
    body kits are meant for "aerodynamics" so everyone with body kits are posers too? CF is meant to lighten a car, how many guys buy it to lighten their galant? its a styling option....not necisarily being a poser or tacky.

escoson
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roadrage936)</div><div class='quotemain'>R u meaning that if aluminum, paint it? :?: Â*

My buddies said instead of Aluminum, get CF cause it will make it look better blended, especially if CF Alezetta tails was added to the car.

Holla back, & peace</div>

i say go for whatever you want but cf wing wont match cf tails due to the fact that the tails are silver checkers on a black background.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast