The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: opinion: Aluminum of fiberglass wing?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED!

anything you do to your car is modeled after something else.
    according to whom? you?
    it IS possible to be creative these days, and ignore the large wing/stickers/neon lights/poor interior paint that everyone else is doing.

that is such an ignorant comment to say. if you see a wing on a car and like it, you will get it for your car.
    I already said I dont like any wings... so no, that wont happen in my case.
    I said I prefer subtlety.
    so are you saying that only 1 car should have a certain wing? so if i saw a wing on a car, i can't get it anymore? poser is such a lame term and i think its wrongly used here.
    Im saying 2 foot tall wings are all about SHOW. and show with no go is POSER.
    everyone poses to an extent....thats where ideas are made.
    huh? Ideas are made up from people altering the ways their cars look to fool people into thinking theyre actually fast?
    am i a poser cuz i lowered my car?
    depends.. didja do it for show, or for performance?
    should i have raised my galant since someone else has already lowered it and i don't wanna be a poser?
    maybe if you wanted to go off roading. which, by the way, would be original, since no one raises galants and therefor would be useful only in that regard... so if done for other reasons would still be pretty much posing.
    or maybe i should make my car slower, since someone else has tried making it fast? gimme a break.
    its more important to make a car look fast as compared to actually having the goal of making it go fast?

apparently, no one here sees the difference. which is fine. but dont scream at me for my opinion (which ive already stated is AN OPINION, so cant be inherently right or wrong) and then expect me to respect all of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    apparently, no one here sees the difference. which is fine. but dont scream at me for my opinion (which ive already stated is AN OPINION, so cant be inherently right or wrong) and then expect me to respect all of yours.
    holy shit, i actually agree with you! If you're trying to justify an aluminum wing as a performance part, you are a poser.

mjc1055
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    holy shit, i actually agree with you! If you're trying to justify an aluminum wing as a performance part, you are a poser.
    well, aluminum wings can actually be useful, for example the japanese n1 circuit... those cars put out so much power that they need the downforce. your average commuter, on the other hand, has no need for the downforce

TWISTED II
    manybrews, you boviously don't understand where everyone except you is coming from. post a pic of your car please.

The 99 Galant
    the wing has to fit the car, and thats that. You people have these huge wings on the back but all you've done to your car is rims and exhaust and intake. TWISTED car looks good only because he's done something to his car. Even though IMO some cars with huge wings that are even modded still can look funny if the wing doesn't match the kit or the style. But if your car isn't in shows where crap like that stuff matters or you're on the track needing downforce, why screw your cars aero and look by putting them "poo hanging from your butt" kinda wings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'>manybrews, you boviously don't understand where everyone except you is coming from. Â*post a pic of your car please.</div>
    whats to understand? someone asked about wings, and I gave my opinion. theres nothing to understand about it. just because others dont like my opinion doesnt make them or I right or wrong.
    but just for the sake of conversation, hers a pic about 6 months ago.
    its in storage right now.. in mid-restoration.

TWISTED II
    maybe i didn't get the memo....but you don't have a galant?

not at the moment.

but Ive driven over a thousand, easy.

TWISTED II
    not at the moment.

that doesn't mean anything. i wanted to see how you go about styling and modifying your vehicles.

im not in this but - it's all personal opinion - if u hate it u hate it - if you like it you like it - it's your OPINION and everyone's may or may not be different -- we just gotta respect it - hmm im not one to talk tho - lol

TWISTED II
    opinion is one thing...but accusing everyone with a wing, to be a poser is just wrong. there would be 1 modified car of each model if that were the case. it comes down to everything. ok, a galant has been lowered, i better find another car." since other members have the SDS, can i not get that cuz i would be posing? its just a wrongly used word, and i was just curious to see what modifications, if any, he has done to his vehicle. i would assume it would be a very unique car if everything on it was an original idea so it wouldn't be posing.

not at the moment.

have you had a galant? if not, then how come you've been here that long

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    opinion is one thing...but accusing everyone with a wing, to be a poser is just wrong. there would be 1 modified car of each model if that were the case. it comes down to everything. ok, a galant has been lowered, i better find another car." since other members have the SDS, can i not get that cuz i would be posing? its just a wrongly used word, and i was just curious to see what modifications, if any, he has done to his vehicle. i would assume it would be a very unique car if everything on it was an original idea so it wouldn't be posing.
    i think he's cought him in his own hypocritical statement. it doesn't count as opinion if you are the only person that believes it, and every single other person completely disagrees with you (and scootin doesn't count )
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I didnt ACCUSE anyone of anything. It was (and still is) my opinion that giant wings are terrible on any car... not just a galant.
    Ive owned 34 different vehicals, and due to my job Ive been fortunate (and unfortunate) to see how good and how awful some "mods" can be on a car.
    I dont have to personally have a wing (or not) on my cars to be able to state an opinion regarding my thoughts on them.

As for mods, that star-quest you see there is modded mechanically.. with a 14 g turbo, different PCM, different intercooler piping, and a few other items that actually increased my HP by 75.
    The ONLY exterior mod (if you can call it that) is window tint.

As I said, I like subtlety... and I like sleepers. I like being able to dust 90 percent of the cars out there with my 16 year old piece of "stock" junk. To me, THAT is much more rewarding than any extermal changes you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    have you had a galant? if not, then how come you've been here that long
    yes, ive owned a galant..
    but Im here because Ive worked for mitsu for 11 and a half years.

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    i think he's cought him in his own hypocritical statement. it doesn't count as opinion if you are the only person that believes it, and every single other person completely disagrees with you (and scootin doesn't count )
    say WHAT?

thats gotta be about the most rediculous thing ive ever heard.

My opinion isnt an opinion if no one else agrees with it? do you have any idea what the definition of an opinion is?
    My opinion is EXACTLY what I say it is.. just as yours and his are. they cant be right or wrong, because THEYRE OPINIONS.

TWISTED II
    its not that you can't have an opinion, its just that "poser" is the wrong word. i'm sure you weren't the first star-quest with tinted windows, so does that mean you posed? prolly not, we're just saying that modding your car isn't all about posing. fine, you think they look horrible, but posing is not used right here.

its not that you can't have an opinion, its just that "poser" is the wrong word. i'm sure you weren't the first star-quest with tinted windows, so does that mean you posed? prolly not, we're just saying that modding your car isn't all about posing. fine, you think they look horrible, but posing is not used right here.
    the difference being that I didnt tint the windows for the look, but the function.

You seem to be dead set on this "poser" thing, so lets put this to rest..

what difference does it make what I think about your car anyway? (for the record, i havent said anything about your car).

I use the word "poser" as a descriptive element that helps explain my opinion, which hasnt changed. I see cars everyday that make me gag, because they are all built by people that think image is more important than the actual performance of their cars. I call them the "fast and furious dipshits" or "posers", because to ME (once again, an opinion) anyone that does something strictly for image is a fool.
    You dont need to justify anything to me for countless reasons, the main being that we dont even know each other, and probably will never meet. the second is that my opinion on this matter will NOT change no matter how many people try to prove otherwise to me. Nor should I even try to change it, as it is still and always will be MY OPINION. Neither my nor your opinions are right or wrong, so it really doesnt matter.

TWISTED II
    thats fine man. no ones askin you to change your opinion. i'm just sayin that not all people want race cars, and just cuz someone is building a car for show, doesn't mean they are posing. some people do things to cars for looks, i don't know why thats such a problem. and i dunno if i believe you bought your tint and said "sweet, i got my tint done to cut down on harmful UV rays and get better gas mileage becuase of the reduction of sunlight causing me to use less AC." but whatever, this is pointless and has been from the start. if you would like to think everyone does everything to their car cuz they are posers, so be it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234