The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: opinion: Aluminum of fiberglass wing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 79
    TWISTED II
    i have a CF wing with CF tails and it looks amazing.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sammy_ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aren't wings made for cars that are rear wheel drive? Â*I thought the purpose was to create downforce.</div>

I have a FWD and I have a big Huge Fiberglass wing. and i ue mine for a seat when ever I go to liek shows and there isn't many places to sit I just sit on my spoiler. they make great stocking stuffers.

Yeah front wheel drive cars come with Spoilers, but at the same time some rear wheel drive cars dont. the Corvette a very powerful RWD car often don't have spoilers. Supras Be as it may some don't have spoilers. it's not all about down force. it's about style. What flows. some spoilers bring out certain aspects in cars form. Call me a poser for having a city park bench on my trunk but it flows and I look pretty fly sittin on it at Nopi.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Elwenil
    Well, I've posted a lot on this subject, and I think I'll post this in defense of wings everywhere. Wings are not just for RWD cars. Yes, RWD cars need more rear wheel traction, but FWD and AWD cars need the downforce just as much to keep the ass from passing the nose in a tight turn at speed. But as stated before, they are mostly for looks, and/or style. I love the look of some wings, and hate others, but for most of us, it's the same as a body kit, or canards or anything similar. They look really kewl, but would go all to hell in a wind tunnel. They are simply designed with looks in mind, be they good looks or bad. Either way, everyone has an opinion on whether they look good or bad, or whether they work in his/her application. Just do whatever makes you happy with your car, and to hell with opinions. But that's just my opinion, lol...

The 99 Galant
    PLEASE PEOPLE HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR US GALANTS. IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE A HONDA THEN GO GET ONE. ALL THEM WINGS ARE UGLY AND TACKY AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A CIVIC OR SOME ACCORD RUNNING AROUND. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A SHOW CAR OR NOT ALL THEY LOOK AWFUL. IF YOU WANT NICE LOOKING WINGS GO EUROPEAN. YOU CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE HAMANN WINGS. TAKE A LOOK AT THERE WEBPAGE. WWW.HAMANN-MOTORSPORTS.DE THEIR DOUBLE WING REAR SPOILER IS SOMETHING THAT ALL THEM TACKY WINGS TRIED TO COPY. AS FOR ALUMINUM OR CF, THEY DON'T MATCH YOUR CAR SO WHY GET THEM. MAN PEOPLE, WHY GET A WING THAT DOESN'T MATCH THE STYLE OR COLOR OF YOUR CAR. GET WHATEVER YOU LIKE BUT WHEN YOU SEE MY RIDE ROLL PAST YOURS AND YOU'RE LIKE, $&%@ THATS ONE HELL OF A RIDE, DON'T BE SUPRISED IF I'M THINKING, ^#&$ THATS ONE TACKY GALANT!!!!

Elwenil
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The 99 Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>GET WHATEVER YOU LIKE BUT WHEN YOU SEE MY RIDE ROLL PAST YOURS AND YOU'RE LIKE, $&%@ THATS ONE HELL OF A RIDE, DON'T BE SUPRISED IF I'M THINKING, ^#&$ THATS ONE TACKY GALANT!!!!</div>

I agree with the "Get whatever you like", but as for the rest of it, who said anybody cared what you would be thinking?

TWISTED II
    yeah, no shit man. turn your caps off and stop actin like you are "Mr. Car Designer." you wanna tell me my galant doesn't look good? you wanna tell me my shit looks tacky?

i don't think so buddy

Elwenil
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, no shit man. Â*turn your caps off and stop actin like you are "Mr. Car Designer." Â*you wanna tell me my galant doesn't look good? Â*you wanna tell me my shit looks tacky? Â*

i don't think so buddy Â*</div>

Yeah, no doubt, Twisted. You know your ride looks good. Hell, I even liked it before you took the graphics off, but now it's real tight. :thumbsup:

The 99 Galant
    yours don't look bad but any bigger than that than it would. Them huge high sitting wings are so ugly its not even funny. Yours is one of those Spoon copies right from Wings West. Thats not bad. It matches the rest of what your car has on it. But please when you got a car that has European lines to it, Jap stuff can look out of place.

roadrage936
    look guyz, I aint trying to piss people off, just gettin an opinion. Lets just keep the peace, ok? 8)

I am not trying to look like a damn civic or accord...muchless anyone else here. We all just wanna keep it real, keep it tight, and make all them Honda lovers jealous of what we can do with limited aftermarket stuff. :mg:

I know that mitsubishi has potential, otherwise they wouldn't have used them in fast and the furious. They should have used a galant instead of a Jetta in my opinion...& its just an opinion.

I thank ya'll for your opinions, and I think small is the way to go..some big ass aluminum wouldn't look good nor serve a purpose; no offense to anyone that has one.

But I will be getting a CF wing w/ CF tails...they just look too damn good together...saw one in Houston the other day with same paint. The wing I am gonna get is on that one dude's car I think from wings west that made a post. Not sure....gonna im him.

Thanx again 8)

TWISTED II
    i think i am that "one dude." the wing is made by APR. ran me just over 500 bucks with shipping.

The 99 Galant
    o and yes i have designed 3 cars for people that ran them way higher than you put on your stuff. So i do know what i am talking about. I just don't see why people add lines to a car that aren't there. The best cars I've seen are cars that people take the existing lines and make the emphasis on them. IMO though.

personally I think twisted car is hot--twisted you have a shot of your car from different angles--I'd like to see what it looks like from back, front etc. etc. Basically if I get a chance to do some stuff to my ride his (and some other on here) will be a model--I'm not gonna carbon copy it (just don't think that's right). At any rate--IMO his whip's gotta be up there in the like top 10 on the site (looks wise--not even talking about the go factor), so I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find g's that look much better.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

TWISTED II
    i'll take more pics today. its pretty nice out.

TWISTED II
    aight, got some more pics.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ughhajkdjkejalkghha such a SWEET 8G..ahhhhh
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    and to all you big wing haters: :doubleup: F U

and see sig pic.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

The 99 Galant
    IMO the member KEN has the best car in here. His embodies style, class, and pure kick@$$

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roadrage936)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am not trying to look like a damn civic or accord...muchless anyone else here. Â*We all just wanna keep it real, keep it tight, and make all them Honda lovers jealous of what we can do with limited aftermarket stuff. :mg: Â*
    I know that mitsubishi has potential, otherwise they wouldn't have used them in fast and the furious. Â*They should have used a galant instead of a Jetta in my opinion...& its just an opinion.</div>
    sure, get a wing, i don't care. I'll try not to laugh when a clean honda, one that you were just ripping on, smokes your ass WHILE looking better than you. Your car isn't RWD, you don't need a wing. Sure, you may think it looks good, but judges at a show won't. Not to mention very few other people will. And to the guy who said that you need a wing fro FWD cars in corners...FWD cars inherently understeer. Unless you've done some incredible suspension mods, you are NOT going to have to worry about the ass sliding out around the front. All you are doing there is causing the rear wheels to stick even more than normal, slowing you down and INCREASING understeer. It will serve no function whatsoever except to please your own aesthetic senses,, while revolting many of the rest.
    This money could be spent elsewhere, in actually taking advantage of the potential a galant has. Oh and I wouldn't base your argument that the galant has potential on the fact that it was used in 2F2F. I hope you don't consider 2F2F to be an authority on cars and tuning...because neons don't add power, wings hurt FWD cars, and stickers are for sponsored cars only, and are still ugly.

Elwenil
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>[ And to the guy who said that you need a wing fro FWD cars in corners...FWD cars inherently understeer. Unless you've done some incredible suspension mods, you are NOT going to have to worry about the ass sliding out around the front. All you are doing there is causing the rear wheels to stick even more than normal, slowing you down and INCREASING understeer. It will serve no function whatsoever except to please your own aesthetic senses,, while revolting many of the rest.</div>

Ok, I was that guy and I take it that you haven't done much racing. The more downforce you can generate the better. FWD cars are not drift cars, we don't want the ass end to slide, and as far as understeer goes, learn how to adjust your suspension. Just about all of the understeer can be taken out if you tune your suspension properly. Now aside from the racing aspect, the wings the is interested in are for looks, he knows they are for looks, and we know they are for looks. Wings can't be all bad as just a cosmetic mod. ALL manufacturers put some type of wing orspoiler on their cars and they are all normally for looks. So it is gernerally accepted by the public that cosmetic wings are ok. With of course the possible exception of certain Honda fans who take themselves way too seriously. As is what seems to be the norm, you want to flaunt the fact that Hondas are generally faster than most Galants. Fine, we are kewl with that, and really don't care. Those of us on this site (that actually own Galants) are here because we love our cars. We either wanted something different, or it is what we could afford, and are doing our best with it. In my opinion, Hondas are the Chevys of the import world. They are the most popular, they are the most supported by the aftermarket, and they are generally cheaper to build because of those two facts. Typically their owners seem to look down on other manufacturers, just like Chevy owners do Ford and Mopar guys. I built better Mopars then the Chevys I ran against, and I will do the same with my Galant. Better is a matter of opinion, but it's my car and I'll do what I want with it, just as RoadRage936 will do with his. And Road Rage, pick a wing you like, put it on and be proud of it. The majority of the TGC community will support your decision because we know what it's like to build an "underdog" sort of car. We may not all like it, but we will support your decision. I think the majority like the wings, depending on the style, but won't post in a thread like this because it always seems to go to an argument. Bottom line: It's YOUR car, do what makes YOU happy. I don't care if you put the tail off a 747 on it, I'll tell you like like it or not, and tell you it's a good install, or that it's original or something, because I feel that is what a lot of people or looking for. I won't lie to you, but I will support your decision to be original, or different, or one in the herd, or whatever. And this is all I really have to say on the wing subject. I have spoken...

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The 99 Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>IMO the member KEN has the best car in here. Â*His embodies style, class, and pure kick@$$</div>

you have any pics? i don't even think i know who your talking about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast