The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    the clip haha yea reelax is right it just clips on. remove the connector and then remove the rubber boot. uhm there is a wire clip holding down the bulb. its on the side of the bulb, i forgot which side. but yea grab hold of that clip and push in. if you can push it in, thats the right side, if not, then push the otehr side push in and down i recall and it should open up and then just remove the bulb...

as for the new harness, it all depends what the new harness entails. is it oem or aftermarket. uhm if its oem you might just have to put it in just like the oem one. if its aftermarket, depending on the kit, most likely you are gonna have to connect the wires somehow. twisitng the wires and wrapping tape around it is not enough. eitehr solder it or get some kinda strore bought connecting device like some wire nuts or something to make the connection

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gilhuly
    Has anybody had bulbs for a while (months) that they purchased cheap on ebay? Call me a skeptic, but generally in life I've got what I paid for. I wonder if anybody has an explanation for why the name brand ones are $70 and these are $13. That's a huge price gap and one you would expect a reputable competitor to close in the auto superstore market. There must be a difference in the actual product, no? I'm trying to determine if they actually last a while.

Thanks Pinoy!

That was the instructions I needed, you were right on the nose. I just installed them at work, but I did a side by side comparision with stock lights and those look way yellow, and these have a light blue tint. As far as how long they last, I'll be sure to let you all know if I got what I paid for or a sleeper bargain. Can't wait to see em tonight, and hope I don't get hi beemed by too many people.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Gilhuly
    Yeah,

I think that making sure your headlights are properly aimed is important if we're going to be using high intensity bulbs. improperly aimed and you are instant a-hole, just add darkness!

Well Gilhuly, keep living by that motto you get what you pay for. I usually feel the same way, but I got caught by the hype. Keep in mind this is my opinion, so the next guy might love these.

Ok, hehe , I installed these during the day (at least I figured how to install) and I couldn't wait till tonight to check em out. Well, lets say I was totally embarrased while driving around with these. It was as if I was a teenager with a honda civic driving around with blue $8 bulbs that is half the power of stock lights trying to look like I have HID . I'm just giving a honest review, and I can't wait to change them out tomarrow. If Piaas are like these, then maybe I'll try Nokya or the other review of Fusion. I am now determined to have some damn bright bulbs. Not the HID it's too $$.
    1999 2.4l
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding

sheefo2k
    hey guys i think im toooooooo late. but can anyone gimme a good link of ones on ebay that i can buy hmm i want the one that u guys bought and u loved..

plz thanx in advance and i think i ll goto the dealer to get the thicker wiring harness

Tight2Def
    Question were the bulbs 4100K or 5000K

and what was the watage? 60w/65 or 100w/110

Those are 2 major factor in Brightness...

Gilhuly
    I have been doing some research the last couple days on this topic and last night sprung for some 90/100 5000k bright whites on ebay from a reputable seller. I think that it is important that they be xenon and 4-5000k. They cost me $24/pair or something. They also have sets of H4 and H3(foglight bulbs) as well

Gilhuly
    Here's a live auction from the same guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1865809461

Its my turn to roll the dice. The seller is globalpremier

I have been doing research as well, and based on the same theory of you get what you paid and reviews at eclipseforums.org I found that Piaa is the way to go. They are reputable name, 1 year replacement warranty, and are DOT approved. Also, I read some guy on eclipseforums explain the way wattage works, how 60/55= 135/125 watt Piaas are able to produce the the higher wattage look with lower wattage (all technical mumbo jumbo) and I was sold

And also, I found that optauto.com has the best prices, even better than e-bay for the super plasma GT's. http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_in...ck=yes&dept=304

So I e-mailed the ebay seller asking for refund and I'll go ahead and order these Piaas.

Good luck with your bulbs.
    1999 2.4l
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99DE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been doing research as well, and based on the same theory of you get what you paid and reviews at eclipseforums.org I found that Piaa is the way to go. They are reputable name, 1 year replacement warranty, and are DOT approved. Also, I read some guy on eclipseforums explain the way wattage works, how 60/55= 135/125 watt Piaas are able to produce the the higher wattage look with lower wattage (all technical mumbo jumbo) and I was sold Â*:) Â*

And also, I found that ptuning has the best prices, even better than e-bay for the super plasma GT's. http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_in...ck=yes&dept=304

So I e-mailed the ebay seller asking for refund and I'll go ahead and order these Piaas.

Good luck with your bulbs.</div>Don't forget the TGC discount at Ptuning. However th site you posted is Optauto, which I'm asumming is just for the picture. And I hope the ebay seller is upstanding enough to refund your money.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Ooops, I use both companies and got them confused. Ptuning is excellent company unfortunately they don't sell Piaas. Option auto I bought Magnecore wires, and they are also a good company.
    1999 2.4l
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding

Gilhuly
    I will definitely let everyone know how my ebay experiment goes. The price for the PIAAs is the best I've seen - nice work.

Hey my E-Bay seller is a cool guy, he said no problem on the refund. also interesting note, optauto.com has HKS POWER BEAM BULB 60/55W=120/120W: H4 , and I did research and I guess these things are brand new to the market. I won't try, because I'm getting the Piaas, but for someone else they are $36.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_in...ck=yes&dept=304
    1999 2.4l
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah,

I think that making sure your headlights are properly aimed is important if we're going to be using high intensity bulbs. Â*improperly aimed and you are instant a-hole, just add darkness!</div>

guys can you tell me how to properly aim your headlight and foglites? i have getting hi beams in town... my foglite knd of way up..and i tried to put it down by screwing the bottom part of the lmaps but it won't budge...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Has anybody had bulbs for a while (months) that they purchased cheap on ebay? Â*Call me a skeptic, but generally in life I've got what I paid for. Â*I wonder if anybody has an explanation for why the name brand ones are $70 and these are $13. Â*That's a huge price gap and one you would expect a reputable competitor to close in the auto superstore market. Â*There must be a difference in the actual product, no? Â*I'm trying to determine if they actually last a while.</div>

I don't know about those exact lights, but I have had my $22 ShowOff Kryptons from e-bay in since May and they are still bright and working great, and I have had some $12 Hiper 80 watt fogs also from e-bay in for a couple months now and they still work and look great too with no signs of melting a harness yet. I think PIAA bulbs are overpriced.

BlueESV6
    Been driving with my $13 ebay lights and like them. First, they were cheap! They are bright but I don't think that the light spectrum (5000K) reflects as well as the "yellower" light does... that may be why they "appear" dimmer when your driving. I also think I may need to raise my beams slightly. Mine were 90/100 watt. When you look into them they are VERY bright. Have a slight blue to them. I can live with the extra $50 or so still in my pocket. Thanks again BGR!

Gilhuly
    I received my bulbs and did the install and one of them exploded like 30 secs after install. F---in bummer. I'm contacting the seller to see if he'll make it right. He is a large seller and should be OK. BTW, I absolutelydid not touch the bulbs for anybody who was going to ask.

I decided to buy the new HKS 55W=120W power beams for $35 instead of Piaas. They are really made by Koito and they are DOT approved. I really like them so far, they are White and brighter than stock. I'll see how long these last and post if they burn out.
    1999 2.4l
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding

Tight2Def
    Yeah.... just got my $8 dollar lights form ebay... They are crystal clear...

I realized they don't seem bright but they really are... I just have to get used to the fact that there is no more yellow haze glaring out on the street... any body else notice this after they swicthed headlight bulbs...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast