The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Official" stance on S-AFC by Apex'i

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Senior TGC Member

"Official" stance on S-AFC by Apex'i

Well I went into the shop to see if they could install the S-AFC without fixes of any kind and it ended up in a massive telecommunications effort with Apex'i, dealerships, and the shop doing the install trying to figure everything out. Officially Apex'i says that the product will not work for our cars (the Eclipse, Stratus, Galant) because it was not designed with the platform in mind (though for some reason the 6G72 is in the install manual in the form of the Pajero/Montero). Guess there's no "fixless" way about the install, doh.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

DJ Galant has his installed in his I4. And I am about to put mine in within the next month. (Whenver the headers come in.)

What are you going to do?

Are there other Galant owners with an Apexi AFC installed?
    Love,
    Matt

Senior TGC Member
    I'm actually considering running my headers untuned. Another option I'm looking at right now though is reading through the Club 3G fixes for the GT and see if I can't get the info straight, because right now the shop isn't willing to touch my car. It's rare that they get this nervous so it must be something major.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

SuperchargedGTZ
    i have already tried to install the afc on my car with no success. i have investigated this topic thoroughly and there are two fixes associated with this device. i choice to use Kaeyo's fix cause it is easier and it seems to be the only available without going through someone else. dont be afraid, try to install it yourself. it really isnt that hard it just TAKES ALOT OF PATIENCE and discomfort (being that the ECM in located behind our glovebox and there is almost no room to work). I have already fucked up once, had to put all original connections back together, and so far my car is fine. about 4 weeks. i am going to try it again with the PROPER wiring diagram for our cars.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. let me know how you all make out

Here, TJC i'll help u out......AY YO Supreme, check it, there is a once and a blue moon group buy deal for a custom bolt-on cat-exhaust. Remember, there isn't any bolt-on exhaust for us 8g owners. So check out this thread:

http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1152
    Love,
    Matt