The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bulletproof tranny or Torque converter

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Gilhuly

Bulletproof tranny or Torque converter

One thing I like about our cars is the sturdy block and the ability to produce power from it. I have the 3.0 and while one of the reasons I chose it was I liked the way it shifted vs the accord V6 or Camry V6 I am now wanting to think about what I can do to remove inefficiencies from the tranny and or get a five speed. I know about level ten. Has anybody here done a Level Ten Bullet proof tranny, torque converter or the snap in sportronic?

I don't know about the tranny but several people have done the torque converter and liked it quite a bit. You may want to look for user comments on the 3g eclipse forums as well. Do a search there before posting your question on their boards they will get nasty with you about not searching first www.neweclipse.org

cheers,
    Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I think I was one of the first guyz to get it, and i totally loved it, because it held up to all the abuse i put on it with my Forced Induction set-up.. I say get it and see ur gonna like it a lot.. Or u could always get a 5-speed eclipse tranny and work with that, im still looking for a good one myself..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wwangster86)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much did the torque converter cost yah??</div>

$600, it took about a week 2 get back
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Gilhuly
    Shane, that was the Level Ten unit?

TurboGalant
    The bullet proof tranny and torque converter work great together. No complaints here. Both together ran me around $4K. I am saving up for the computer chip, it is another $1K.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shane, Â*that was the Level Ten unit?</div>

yup, i would urge anyone to get it, who's looking to uprgrazde out crappy tranny'z..

Gilhuly
    Very interesting....

Turbo,

what differences did you feel?

Stiffer shifting?

More HP to the wheels?

Less likely to downshift on accelleration?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>woah i just realized thsat you have to move the mouse over the pic to get her to flash i was sitting the like a dumb ass waiting for it LMAO then once i realized it i juist left the mouse on the pic is ther a way you can save the .GIF file so i can send it with an email?</div>

No you don't. It's an animated .gif file that is set for continuous loop. It's just a regular .gif file.

wow Im watching the news right now, it seems that this thing has just blew up.......Its like something you see in movie or in a book......who would have thought there were connections across the nation in the state of washington and alabama. They are saying the person or persons involved had ties with an army base that specializes in sniper training. This is crazy SH!T!!!!!