The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pics of OEM Eclipse STB Install on 8g?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Pics of OEM Eclipse STB Install on 8g?

Does anyone have pics for the correct installation of the OEM Eclipse STB on an 8g (Mr468848 Bar, Mr468851 Left, Mr468852 Right)? I just picked one up from my local dealer, but it didn't come with any instructions (or nuts for that matter) - just want to make sure I put the dern thing in right.

Thanks!

stabilizer bar - MR468848 - $39.60
    bracket, fr susp strut bar - MR468851 (for the left side) - $2.77
    bracket, fr susp strut bar - MR468852 (for the right side) - $2.77
    metric nuts - class 10.9 Hex Nut, M8-1.25 - 99085001 - $0.49 for two
    washers - $0.13 for four

I don't have actual pictures of the install. But its a pretty straightforward install. The brackets mount to two of three bolts on your strut towers. Then the strut bar itself mounts to the brackets via the above metric nuts (Which you'll have to go to a hardware store, or look around the house to get). Simply install the washers, tighten the nuts and bolts and voila!

Here are 2 pics of my engine bay with the bar installed.

Muchas gracias for the pics! Man, I was afaraid I was gonna put the thing on backwards, and from the look of the pics, looks like I would have!

Thanks!

BTW, nice engine bay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OldSchool)</div><div class='quotemain'>Muchas gracias for the pics! Man, I was afaraid I was gonna put the thing on backwards, and from the look of the pics, looks like I would have!

Thanks!

BTW, nice engine bay</div>

an easy way to remember is taht the strut bar should have brackets on the side that is closer to the firewall. on the eclipse the stb bolts onto the firewall. since the galant's engine bay is bigger, the stb doesn't reach the firewall.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.