The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Track Testing Results

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Senior TGC Member

Track Testing Results

Righties I went out and tested my car in its current state of modifications and here are the results I got. My car is a 2001 ES V6 premium package with aftermarket parts consisting of AMSS downpipe, custom bent 2.5 inch exhaust, Pro-Kit springs from Eibach, Freedom Design strut bar.

Testing conditions
    84 degrees F, 83% humidity, wet track, full tank, 38/32 psi front/rear,
    7 mph head wind

Slalom 56.7 mph, skidpad 0.79

Best 0-60 time 7.1 seconds, worst 8.1 seconds

Quarter Mile best 15.56 seconds, worst 16.1 seconds

Top speed as confirmed by radar 128 mph at 5800 rpm (fuel cut so for me, the top speed number holds true)

Updated! Braking distance: 136 feet from 60 to 0.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

stephen7983
    Wow...Not bad.. .that's pretty good.. btw what's an AMSS downpipe? and how much does it cost and where can I get one? Also, do you have a full custom exhaust? What kind is it? Thanks ....

Senior TGC Member
    It's a downpipe that replaces the factory one. I have a Cali spec vehicle so it got rid of my 2 pre-cats. I paid 310 for mine at http://www.aftermarketsuperstore.com I do have a full custom exhaust, but it's not yet mandrel bent, I'm going to get that done soon.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Respectable. I believe you have the V6?

Imagine when we get the headers and I get my nitrous bottle filled...

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Senior TGC Member
    Hoping it'll be a blast then

there are 2 kinds of downpipes on the amss website, the gen 1 and gen 2, what's the difference, one of them comes with a cat, one doesn't, does that mean one of them just replaces all 3 cats and one replaces just 2 of them to still make your car legal

Congratulations Rallifan. That's pretty respectable despite to the disappointing dynos. Are you still running stock wheels and Badyears?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2001KnightRider)</div><div class='quotemain'>there are 2 kinds of downpipes on the amss website, the gen 1 and gen 2, what's the difference, one of them comes with a cat, one doesn't, does that mean one of them just replaces all 3 cats and one replaces just 2 of them to still make your car legal</div>

The difference between gen 1 & 2 is NOT the cat. It's just the picture doesn't reflect that. The HFC by Magnaflow I believe is available on both. The difference is on the Gen 2, there is an added flex pipe before the "Y" join on the front pipe between the front and rear bank pipes.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    Yes I'm running stock heavies and the RS-As...my hypothesis is that since my low end is much higher than a stock V6 (I'm pretty much on par with a manual V6 Eclipse dyno...maybe a tad lower since I'm auto) it helps get me off the line, and once I'm going my remaining power band being still no worse than stock carries me through to the end. I'm hoping the headers will do their job and do better than my current setup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The difference between gen 1 & 2 is NOT the cat. It's just the picture doesn't reflect that. The HFC by Magnaflow I believe is available on both. The difference is on the Gen 2, there is an added flex pipe before the "Y" join on the front pipe between the front and rear bank pipes.</div>

so what's the advantage of having that flex pipe? does it equal out to more power? easier installation? or is there even any difference besides price

Senior TGC Member
    It's extra insurance...when the V6 engine torques it'll have a bit more give than no flex pipe at all. That's why the factory also has 2 flex pipes.