The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heater

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    91GALANTDRIVER

Heater

The heater only blows when i'm on the highway and whent it does it's always on high i can not lower it with the control. When i'm driving thru town or at idle it real does not work at all it feels like it is hardly on. It's a 1991 SHOC. Thanx for any help you can give me.

Rasko Da Gama
    Probably your heater FAN is busted. Get mechanic to look at it and than change it. I don't think it'll cost you much.

Good luck!

ken inn
    it's your blower speed resistor. the default is high speed, that means the resistor is dead. basically, what it does is run the blower at lower voltages, that is how it gets different speeds. it is in the blower housing, if you remove the glovebox, you will see it. pn is MR315836. it will look like part of the blower housing, held it by 2 screws, and have a rectangular 4 pin connector. when you pull it out, the resistor part is white ceramic, and is probably cracked all to heck.

Rasko Da Gama
    Thanx for correction kenn inn... I always trust to more experienced Galant owners...
    ... like you are

werkenskunkem
    yup kenn inn is correct! i replaced mine 6 months ago, it will take a few minutes to remove and install a resistor, for sure you will need a stubby philip screw driver! goodluck!