The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Computer Number (URGENT)!!!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    TGC Regular

Need Computer Number (URGENT)!!!!

i need the number of the computer on a 1992 galant sohc auto

i need to know asap!!! all i need is the ecu number

92mpi
    For my 4G63 SOHC 8 Valves:

MD167738

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(92mpi)</div><div class='quotemain'>For my 4G63 SOHC 8 Valves:

MD167738</div>

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

92mpi
    No problem.

why not just read it off of yours?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>why not just read it off of yours?</div>

i couldn't get it out :oops:

92mpi
    I think it only have 3-4 bolts holding it. remove the bolts first before sliding it out. i've done it a number of times before, just cant remember exactly how. it's kind of tricky at first.

ken inn
    if it is like the vr4, and i think it is, just one nut and one bolt, both 12mm wrench, hold it in. both of them are right there in the front. disconnect the multi pin connectors, loosen nut/bolt, lift up over the one stud, and it slides right out. i can do it with my eyes closed. i like to remove the glovebox, and you also have to remove the lower trim panel with the little a/c vents, and the kick panel right in front of the door. takes like 15 minutes tops. the real bitch is to get the 2 screws out that hold in the glovebox. i used a hand impact, then neversieze them when i put them back it.

TGC Regular
    wow, thanks guys

the computer should be here by either wednessday or thursday and now i don't have to have a mechanic do it thanks!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 92mpi
    For my 4G63 SOHC 8 Valves:

MD167738
    GUYS!!! i have a diff number! MD161840!!!

is it the same one? cause mines a SOHC 8 valve. what year was yours? guys hurry, whats up?

ken inn
    mitsu CAPS shows no listing for md167738. it does show a listing for md161840. if i were you, i would stick with the number off of your car.

92mpi
    What???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You mean i've been using a wrong one? :cry: The number I got is from my spare box which I replaced almost 3 years ago. But I got it from an authorized mitsu parts dealer.

Have to check that one out later.

Ken is right, you better stick to the number that came off of your car.

Sorry for the wrong number

92mpi
    I just checked the box installed in my car. It is MD167738. 4G63 2.0L, SOHC, 8Valves, EFI. How can that be? I have two boxes with both the same number.

Is it possible that it's different depending on the country restrictions? Like the emissions control? Because we don't have any of those.

ken inn
    one of the biggest differences is the octane rating of fuel available. for instance, japan has fuel/timing maps for 98 octane, and those maps would be way too aggressive for usa.

TGC Regular
    just to let you all know it worked out fine, i ordered with that one number 92mpi gave me and when i got the computer from UPS i checked and the number was the same as the one in my car. anyway, i hooked it up, put a booster pack to the battery that was sitting for like 4 months, turned the key, and presto! well, not presto, i had to fight with it a bit to keep it running since it had been sitting so long. but yeah it runs. i just gotta get a lil tune up done and the timing adjusted.

my sister says she wants to buy it from me now so hopefully it'll stay in the family for awhile

92mpi
    Whew! IT's nice to know that it worked and the number I gave you didn't give yo any problems

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(92mpi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whew! Â*IT's nice to know that it worked and the number I gave you didn't give yo any problems</div>

yup, its nice to have the G back on the road too 8)