The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9G at Concord, CA Mitsubishi

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

9G at Concord, CA Mitsubishi

On the way back from work I passed by Concord Mitsubishi, and sure enough, they had 2 9gs on their lot; a black and silver i4. The dealer said they wouldn't have the V6 or GTS till next month. I thought that the car wans't bad looking, and I think it looks nicer in black. To me it looks a lot better in person than the pictures. It still kinda reminds me of a pontiac/alima/maxima from the front, and to me it has too big of an ass.

The doors were a lot heavier, but felt solid - heck the whole car *looks* heavier. The interior was okay, I did like the ice-blue gauges. The radio was a regular head unit, but the dealer said the GTS head unit *could not* be replaced (well maybe not easily). Back seat is more roomier, and they moved the rear seat trunk access to the middle - it also has cup holders. There is one outlet on the main console, and they moved the second one to inside the middle compartment behind the shifter.

I think the mitsu engineers should put the 9g on a diet, and fix up the nose so it doesn't look like everything else on the road.

I actually like the look of the 04 ralliart lancer better.

Ol School Pervert
    Definitely agree with you on the front end. It didn't really seem like Mitsu tried to be different with the new Galant, but instead just took away pieces of other cars (specifically the Altima) and tweaked it a bit. I have to say though, I saw it at the Miami International Auto Show and it looks MUCH better in person than in the pictures, especially the GTS; The GTS's black-housing looks real nice. My local dealer had two when I called for a test-drive but by the time I got there they sold one and the other one was in the showroom :?

By the way, OldSchool, change your user-name