The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bodykit front bumper

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    JasonDrosey
    i had my bodykit put on about 2 months ago now but in order for them to fit my my front bumper they had to take my crash bar out.....has anybody else been able to get around this easily?

i dont have a kit, but from what ive read around here, depending on what kit you have you can just modify it and not have to take it off completely

Depends if you have a USDM spec bumper of not. Most people dont. IF you got the cyber 2 from VIS you can cut your bar in half. That will make it fit. Other then that, if you didnt get one from people who had it custom made, ur stuck without a bar. I had a VIS one and half it cut in half. Then I bought one from a local member who had made a mold and modified it to fit the crash bar. But he no longer sells it, his mold was broken.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

JasonDrosey
    ya..its the cyber kit and i guess that ill jus have it cut then..thanx

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    each kit is different thats what happens with fiberglass unfortunatly all i had to do was cut the ends of the CB and sand the inside of the bumper a bit to fit it, cutting it in half takes away a lot of its structural integrity

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    each kit is different thats what happens with fiberglass unfortunatly all i had to do was cut the ends of the CB and sand the inside of the bumper a bit to fit it, cutting it in half takes away a lot of its structural integrity
    When I had my cyber 2 kit on my old car, I had a crash bar that was cut in half. I got into a head on collision with a Chevy S10. I was going 40mph south and he was going 30-40mph north and we hit, my driver front to his driver front. completely crushed the frame rail, cracked the tranny and slammed the motor into the firewall. the crash bar took a direct hit about 5 inches in from the left rail and the bar didnt break in two, I think its OK cut. A boxed off structure is still strong, if you notice the crash bar has a "upper" and "lower" box type section, I removed the lower and about 2" off each end of the upper.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS