The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blacke out interior

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 54

Blacked out interior

Hi, I am wanting to take my interior from the stock grey it came with and make it all black, my goal is to wrap the grey fabric in black vinyl and paint the rest of the plastic trims/panels black! Has anyone completed something like this, not the vinyl but the painting!? I was going to look into using the Krylon Fusion Plastic Paint!? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you TGC!

yea i started mine and ive been doing a fewthings at a time,i still have todo the carpet,headliner,rear deck,and the seats but then ill be done.o and the sterring wheel but i have to find a black one and change it out.

TGC Regular
    Check out my interior conversion. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28491

I did this about a year ago, but I used Dulpi-Color from AutoZone. The trick is to clean the panels really good so your paint can stick. Use alcohol to clean the panels, then use a primer and finally 2 or more coats of paint. Mine has held up really good, but the paint is starting to chip in place that see alot of traffic ie. around the door handles. I plan on covering the door panels in a textured vinyl, if I can find the right texture.

Wow that looks REALLY good haha just like what I was asking for! soo did you paint the dash too? sorry I couldnt tell...

TGC Regular
    Yeah, the dash holds paint better than the door panels. I can scrap across my dash with my finger nail and the paint wont peel.

Ahh thats awesome, so did you completely remove the dash?! and or airbag?

You can get black seats out of a 3G.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    You can get black seats out of a 3G.
    What about for the rear?!

TGC Regular
    No, I taped the windows, removed radio, steering wheel, and gauges and sprayed. Didnt feel like taking it out.

You cant use 3G rear seats

Thank you guys for the awesome input im going to start on my door panels today!
    Removal, Cleaning, Prep, and Painting....Hope it turns out as good or better ;) haha ill try to keep you posted!!

Does anybody know if there is any way to get rear black seats, or do they have to be recovered!? Thanks!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    They have to be redone..

Ahh I figured it wouldnt be easy! Ha Thanks!

Soo after a week a patiently working on my interior it is finally done! here are some pics!

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2828/3101/32069050210_large.jpg
    [/IMG]

I still need All the seats Blacked out, ill be buying front racing seats soon and a steering wheel to go along with.....hope you enjoy!

What type of prep work, paint, dry time etc did you use, did you clear coat it? Mine only lasted a week before it started to come off

I Removed anything that was grey and plastic, then cleaned and rinsed thoroughly with rubbing alcohol, let sit overnight..then started to paint the next day with Krylon's Fusion Plastic Gloss Black Paint, no primer but light sanding does help i wanted to keep the vinyl/leather look so i sanded with a 240 grit and then painted everything with 2-3 coats ....no clear coat and its been almost 2 wks without chipping, but we shall see with the Texas heat coming soon!

that's exactly what i did except i used there satin paint. the first to go was the driver door sill, seat belt pillar cover and side of console. i guess cause of all the getting in and out. how long did you wait in between coats?

nice work! I want mine to look like this. I want to get my seats done too though.

Check out my interior in my garage. its black and grey vinyl upholstry its Alot more comfortable than the OEM leathers. Costed me $700 though. Talk to Zobgel

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast