The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacing Indicator Stalk

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    newbiegalant

Replacing Indicator Stalk

Hi, i was going through this website and was surprised by the amount of information it provides.
    why didn't i get aware of this before. i guess its better late than never. lol

for some odd reason, the indicator stalk broke and i am looking to replace it by self. I'd like to know if its rocket science or its something that could be done using screwdrivers and other tools by myself.

has anyone else tried to change them.

Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    By indicator stalk im guessing you mean the turn signal lever? If so, its REALLY easy to change. There are 3 phillips head screws that hold the steering column cover on, remove the 3 screws from the bottom, pop the upper cover off and the lever just sorta clips in, remove it, replace it with a new one. They sell them at the dealer for like $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

newbiegalant
    hey stewie, yes i was referring to the lever. i did loosen the screws to remove the plastic casing around the steering wheel (two pieces). "the upper cover" you referred is it the same as the plastic casing or any other part.

I am not sure if i am able to locate the clips for the lever and i did notice that there were two wires kinda soldered to the lever. if possible, please provide any pics if possible so that i dont go the wrong way even though u explain the right way. :D

thanks.

newbiegalant
    thanks stewi, i was able to get the part out. the clips did the trick.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Nice.

yeah that lever sucks, I replaced mine about 2 or 3 times already, it kinda just goes bad for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS