The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake

Hey all,

So I've been waitin for over a week for my intake to come in, and it finally did.

In case ya didnt read the thread title, i bought a Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake that came with a Weapon-R RAM Air kit for my 03 GTZ.

So I unbolted my OEM 'air intake' and slapped on the new one, i didnt install the RAM Air because it was sayin not to have it during rain and snow. (so i guess thats for the summer only).

As I fired it up i didnt notice much difference in sound, even when I gave it a lil gas. So I took her out for a lil spin around the block. (where i live theres 3 cops on my street and a few around me too :S)

So I went around the corner to open it up and fell in love. It may not have made much sound difference parked, but when she was drivin it sounded meaner. almost a lil more of a bark. then sure enough, there was a cop just gettin home from his day of work, so i hadda cut back.

but lemme tell ya,as soon as i got off my streets i opened her up, SOUND AWESOME! i drop around for 1/2 an hour with the windows down even tho theres snow so i could listen to it.. lol

It was a really really snug fit, and I have no idea how im gonna get the RAM Air on, but hopefully ill find away.

So if anyone out there is lookin for a new intake, i suggest the Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake!!!!!!

make sure that it doesnt touch the tie down for the battery, weapon R had a history of the intake rubbing causing a hole...just keep an eye on it

^ sounds great man.

anyone who replies to this thread should choose their words cautiously.

there will be no flaming.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

weapon R is a good stand alone short ram. I have one on my sister's corrolla. I wish my 01 v6 got one but it's running on injen SR.

Glad your happy with it. When I put on my Injen intake I was excited as hell too.

TGC Regular
    Of course there will be flaming!! On the snow that is---so Canadians can have nice roads to drive on again =]
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Yeh I love my weapon-R intake. The sound when you reach higher RPMs is really nice.

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

WarmAndSCSI
    Eh, they're a good price. Glad you're happy with your intake ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    Yeh I love my weapon-R intake. The sound when you reach higher RPMs is really nice.
    HELL YA!!, I would stomp on it just to hear her purr.. made a few heads turn lol

you can really hear it suckin the air in even inside the car with the windows up.

I cant wait to hear it with a magnaflow cat back exhaust. gonna be tight :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    make sure that it doesnt touch the tie down for the battery, weapon R had a history of the intake rubbing causing a hole...just keep an eye on it
    I did notice that it was REALLY REALLY close to the battery like ya said. im thinkin about puttin something between the two so it hurt the pipe.

i would just get like a piece of hose and slip it over the bolt for the tie down.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    i would just get like a piece of hose and slip it over the bolt for the tie down.
    Thats what I did on my injen intake, a year later and no problems.

pics?

hah actually the intake I am getting. my friend has it on his nissan silvia and I fell in love.....felt like a reverse suction on my face while i was standing over his engine and he rev'd it. I was like o_O
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

glad u like it, i have an injen CAI, one day i was driving to work and my cousin was on his way and i was running late and i was kinda speeding, he didnt see me but i did so i stepped on the gas to catch up to him and pass him, when we got to work he said that he heard me coming before i saw me. i love the way it sounds

get us some pics
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    yeah intakes r sweet
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    pics?
    Ya, Ill totally get ya some pics, ill do it later today when the suns out. theres madd fog out right now.. its awesome.

good idea with the hose for the tie down. ill use the smaller 1/2 of the hose that i didnt need for the intake and slice it down the centRE ;) jp

i guess my buddi loves it too, as soon as he got in the car so i could take him to work i stepd on it he just turns to me and says 'i think i just wet myself' so i think hes gonna get one for his 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport.

Well here are some shots for ya.

The first two are obviously a close up and the third is an engine shot.

As you can see in the second pic, the massive 4" filter just fits in there, so i really have no idea how im gonna get the CAI on :S

I think im gonna call around today and see if i can get some price checks on the eclipse cat back magnaflow exhaust kit. if anyone has one already tell me how it sounds, cuz im really interested!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a Weapon-R Dragon intake. Pretty crazy lookin'

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Quote Originally Posted by aDIsease View Post
    Well here are some shots for ya.

The first two are obviously a close up and the third is an engine shot.

As you can see in the second pic, the massive 4" filter just fits in there, so i really have no idea how im gonna get the CAI on :S

I think im gonna call around today and see if i can get some price checks on the eclipse cat back magnaflow exhaust kit. if anyone has one already tell me how it sounds, cuz im really interested!!!
    looking at the pics, it looks like you could push the intake pipe in a lil bit more into the fitting at the tb and clear the battery.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast