The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Your oil change

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Your oil change

Okay. I am thinking on my oil changes. Mobil 1 and mobil filter is what i use right now. Now for just $10.00 more i can use motul oil and nippon filter that is the "supposed OEM" filter. Now is it true that the oem filter is better then mobil 1?
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

from what i read, they say that the oem filter is better because of the flow velocity. its a lil bit faster than with the mobil one. but as for filtration wise, the mobil 1 and k&n filter has a finer filtering material which means it filters a lil better, and yea thats one of the reasons why the flow velocity is a lil slower. from what i've read too, the mobil1 has a lil bit finer filtering material than the k&n. im reading up more about the amsoil filter too. i heard it was slightly better than the mobil1. but im looking a lil deeper into it

oil wise. im using this

im getting for about 50 cents more per quart than mobil1 but from what i've read, its so much better. but we'll see when we get it into my car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I use Mobil1 Tri-Synthetic oil and OEM filters.

Castrol GTX 8)
    Diego

heh. i got the k&n gold filter and am just using regular pennzoil 5w-30. previously, i was using oem with the pennzoil. i think of this as an upgrade 8) haha...

ok i know synthetic oil is better than the conventional oil if ur running with turbo so which oil is better mobil1 synthetic or ams? or am i better off running with royal purple 10w-30

i used to use mobil1. to tell u the truth i had it in my car about a month ago. i got the amsoil in there now. to tell you the truth, i love the amsoil to death. amsoil claims that it will last up to 1 year or 25k miles as long as u change the filter. and then there are all these tests out there that show that amsoil is a good oil. but to me what mattered the most are the results i got. with the amsoil, my engine seems to run smoother and quieter than it did with the mobil 1. i also noticed a slight gain in fuel economy. with the prices of gas going higher and higher, this is a plus. its like the amsoil brought new life to my car. and for about 50 cents more than what i pay for mobil 1 definitely worth it.

so where do i get this amsoil? any sites?

i get my amsoil at a local auto parts store. not a big chain store like advanced auto or autozone but a smaller more local auto parts store. amsoil usually doesn't distribute to the bigger stores. so look for smaller auto parts store.

here's amsoil's online store http://intershop.amsoil.com/cgi-bin/Amsoil.storefront but there are many more online stores that carry them

ive been using amsoil for a while now, its definetly a great oil, and my galant definetly likes it better

Lucas Oil additive at every oil change is also a plus for those of us with lifter issues..

clone2020
    I'm currently using Mobil1 Full Syn 5W-30 and OEM filters.

I've heard and read many good things on AMSOIL products but have never used it.

Why doesn't AMSOIL sell their products to larger store chains???

Doesn't it cost like $10 to be an authorized AMSOIL reseller?

-MIKE.

Faction
    whenever i use that CD2 stuff, or any lifter tick additive, do i leave it in with new oil and pour it in before oil change and run the engine for some time?

I use synthetic and either Frahm or Purolater. Pure oil now. Pure oil later.