The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For V6 Galant owners, would you shave off the V6 emblem?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

For V6 Galant owners, would you shave off the V6 emblem?

I was waxing yesterday and found it difficult to wax around that emblem. I shaved the rear Mitsubishi and ES emblems so I was wondering if people shave off their V6 emblem.

i kept it.

at first i was gonna keep it on til i got some sidemarkers and use the emblem to help me line the sidemarkers up. but now i got the sidemarkers in my mirror housings so i no longer need sidemarkers

but now im keeping it cuz i paid extra for it. im proud of those two extra cylinders that came with my car lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I usually shave my eblems also, but i can't seem to want to shave the V6's.

For one, the V6 galant was hard to come by, with their being so many 4cyl's.

So it's kinda like saying yeah, i got a bigger engine.

Still, it might happen in the future, who knows, can't seem to make up my mind about it.

white_gtz
    :monkeypiss: Shaving V6 or GTZ emblem

I shaved mine off for about 20 minutes until I put on some new V6 emblems from a Ford Escape.

I shaved mine off. I tell people its a 4 cyl, then I smoke em.
    Love,
    Matt

TGC Regular
    Yup, I'm one of those proud V6 owners too. I couldn't shave that one off with the rest. The onle way I would is if found a better looking "V6" badge, just like David did.(great minds think alike) But it does get in the way when waxing. I just take a little extra time and a good soft toothbrush and detail around it.

I shaved everything except the mitsu logo, imho it looks cleaner, plus also easier to wax like you mentioned.

i like our V6 logos... they are simple/luxurious so it looks sweet
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(white_gtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>:monkeypiss: Â*Shaving V6 or GTZ emblem</div>

agreed.

i shaved mine , i dont have anything but the diamond logo's on the back.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>i shaved mine , i dont have anything but the diamond logo's on the back.</div>

Same here. I did because everytime I raced someone, they would think their racing an i4. And so when I loose, I don't feel so bad.

TWISTED II
    i think that might have been my first mod, lol. i did it cuz origianlly i was going to put side markers right there.....but i sat with a drill in my hand, staring at the fender of my week old galant, and said the hell with it, lol.