The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I gotta 95 G-lant.. here's the prob...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    exoeagle

I gotta 95 G-lant.. here's the prob...

I had the tranny repaired a few months ago.. it started acting up, so I took it back.. ol' dude tol me it was the motor mounts... so I replaced 3 of the 4 (those three were rotting off the metal). The fourth looks fine. That did nothing but teach me how I can tear up knuckles through mechanix gloves because the tranny still shudders in first and I think I get 0-60 in just under 56 seconds. You know as well as I do, that if I take this car back to that same dude, it's going to be the same issue. Now, do you guys have any suggestions about what I should do? I own an SUV, but the freakin gas to run that b!tch is killin me. I wouldn't mind throwin a manual clutch in there.. gimme some scenarios! I see the messages you guys leave, you have a pretty good grasp of what's goin on with these cars. It's a SOHC 95 4-cyl. (wouldn't mind upgrading that as well)

Thanks.

Can you be more specific.

1) Have you checked the connections to be sure they are tight.

2) see if the harness to the tranny was installed correctly, the cable should start from the back left of the tranny up to the front, then to the front right.

3) check the oil

4) have you changed the tranny oil after the first 500 to 1000 miles after it was fixed. ( If it was rebuilt, you should have plenty of shavings on the oil. the first time is fine.

5) could it be that your engine needs adjustments. tune-up.

it could very well be an electrical thing. The reason that you feel it so much in first is because the RPM [almost typed RPMs, but then paused and realized how stupid that would have been] are lower. Check your plugs, wires and distributor...any one of those could be the culprit.

best of luck!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search