The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what about these hids??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

what about these hids??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7905608193&rd=1
    i dont know im a little worried about them...im looking to get hids but i dont want to spend more than 350...any suggestions[/LIST]
    99 white es
    currently looking for jdm parts
    *under construction*

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    You would spend more than $350 with shipping...

Those are junk. All the good companies that made aftermarket HID kits are done with that since they are illegal now. Look at the bulbs in the ones you posted. They have the HID bulb, then another blue bulb next to it. That's probably what makes the color instead of the HID bulb. When you see something like that, stay far away.

check out http://hidforum.com/forum/ and read what people say over there. The only good companies out there that make HID's now are ones that make OEM ones for car companies. Most people over on hidforum are buying projector lenses with OEM HID kits and retrofitting them into their stock headlights. You can get everything you need to do the retrofit for under $500. Check out hidtech.com which sells Euro spec kits from Audi A6's and S4's. I'm was thinking about doing this, but I don't do alot of night driving. For under $500 you get projectors and HID. I'm not sure how hard it will be to cut up the stock headlights and retrofit the projector lenses, but it can't be too hard. The Hella Bi-Xenon projectors have a shield in them that moves so you can still have low and high beams with one projector. The kit is only $449.99.

If you do go for a kit on Ebay or whatever, make sure they are using a good ballast by Hella or Phillips. Any other one is pretty much crap. Most of the bulbs in those kits are junk too, but if you read up on hidforum, you'll know what to look for to tell if the bulb is good or not.

Experienced TGC Member
    Instead of making your own projectors, I would think that JDM headlights would do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Instead of making your own projectors, I would think that JDM headlights would do fine.
    Not sure I follow you on that. Getting JDM headlights doesn't help get you HID.

Holy Shit! I didn't know HID's were that f@@king expensive! What the hell are the bulbs I see on ebay for like $12??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero_4073)</div><div class='quotemain'>Holy Shit! I didn't know HID's were that f@@king expensive! What the hell are the bulbs I see on ebay for like $12?? </div>

Man you need to keep up with technology. Those bulbs for $12 are not HID. They are just regular filament bulbs promising the look of HID's, but they don't compare in brightness at all. HID's are more than just bulbs, you need ballasts and an igniter to make them work since there are no filaments like regular bulbs. HID bulbs have metal vapor in them called xenon. Don't be fooled by those $12 bulbs if it says xenon on them.

Lol. Man, I learn something new everyday. I really don't like HIDs, so I've never looked into it.