The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there a VR-4 model of the 8g galant?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    mbssbm

Is there a VR-4 model of the 8g galant?

Is there a VR-4 model of the 8g galant, even if its' available overseas? I wanna swap for a turbo and probably do an all-wheel drive conversion. I found a 4G63T will AWD tranny for $1800. I know I'd still need a rear differential and axle? But what else would I need? What do you guys tihnk about my project?

OMG open ur eyes lol. where u been under a rock. but yea nonetheless a search on google will give u great results. and it doesn't have the 4g63, it has the 6a13TT in it

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    oh yeah, i've actually seen one in person. it was gorgous.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Nick VR4
    My Engine
    VR4 year 2000

Nick VR4
    Yeah some are for sale 8G VR4's in the UK
    <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>If you have spare cash around like $50-60k</span>

Vehicle Details
    Description: Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 VR-4 Type-S 5 Door Estate Petrol
    Drivetrain: 5 speed Automatic 2498 cc Petrol
    Colour: Black
    Mileage: 2,323 miles
    Price: £29,995
    Thats $48000 USD
    Euro = 45,858

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah I knew I should have snapped up the 2001 VR-4 Saloon with only 2008 miles on it when I had the chance...it was only 18,000 UK pounds...and now it's gone.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Nick VR4
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I knew I should have snapped up the 2001 VR-4 Saloon with only 2008 miles on it when I had the chance...it was only 18,000 UK pounds...and now it's gone.</div>

Shhhiiiiit £18,000 a very very good price
    Even with shipping costs to USA

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah but at that point in time we didn't quite have the money...if we did it would have been a bargain. Instead the car was sold to another UK buyer and we finally had enough cash after it was sold...oh how cruel life can be.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

mbssbm
    i'm planning on doing a VR-4 swap to my car(engine and AWD along with 5spd tranny)

you guys will probably laugh, but how hard would it be to switch my 8g (with a 4g64) to a 4g63 with turbo?

i also wanted to know if it would be easy to do a automatic/manual swap, because the transmission that comes with the 4g63 is a 5-speed manual.

any input would help. thanks guys.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>you guys will probably laugh, but how hard would it be to switch my 8g (with a 4g64) to a 4g63 with turbo? Â*

i also wanted to know if it would be easy to do a automatic/manual swap, because the transmission that comes with the 4g63 is a 5-speed manual. Â*

any input would help. thanks guys.</div>

Get a hold of VTEC Killer, not sure if he still hangs out here, but he is mostly at the Galant Forums ( http://www.galantforums.com ) - he's done the Evo motor swap along with the manual tranny swap and is working on a tutorial.

thanks a lot man, lots of people where i'm from laugh at me for thinking such a thought, but then again there are a lot of honda boyz here.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>you guys will probably laugh, but how hard would it be to switch my 8g (with a 4g64) to a 4g63 with turbo? Â*

i also wanted to know if it would be easy to do a automatic/manual swap, because the transmission that comes with the 4g63 is a 5-speed manual. Â*

any input would help. thanks guys.</div>

Well hard is a relative term. Are you experienced in engine swaps? The hardest part (im guessing) is the wiring. Also look into doing just a head swap for you 64, and making it into a 63/64 "Hybrid". As for the manual swap, mos def get a hold of VTEC since hes already done his 2 or 3 times. Also Headache has done one (though i dont know if its for the 64).

Look at the last 2 stickys:
    http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum39.html

Censee
    u have to look for a specific 4g63t,,, cuz some of them are mounted the other way as some....i think someone on galantforums boyght an evo7 motor, and is doing the swap as we speak..not sure who,,i think its vteckiller