The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Torsion Bar?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Torsion Bar?

I got an aftermarket spoiler for my car and noticed how the trunk slams close now and wont pop open when i hit the release like it used too. I read somewhere i need the torsion bar from a gtz model. Online i could only find the torsion bar for one without gtz. Can anyone help me out?

Also how do you install them?

Thanks
    mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

I'd go to your local dealer to buy them or you can try www.donherring.com and submit a parts request with a description of what you want. Gary Evans will email you back with a price quote which is usually cheaper than anywhere else I can find. I'm not sure how to install them, but it can't be that hard.

TGC Regular
    i wonder if we are talking about the same thing..dont all galants come with torsion bars? and i am pretty sure yours does because i also have a 02 ES I4, and mine came with them.

edit: oh wait, nm, im guessing you want one from a GTZ model because it can support the spoiler, ic ic ic. hmm, never even thought about that, can someone with a GTZ maybe post some pix of theirs so we can see what the difference is

the difference is mearly in the tension of it.

BE CAREFUL when installing them. they are under a severe amount of torque, and can really do some serious damage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>edit: oh wait, nm, im guessing you want one from a GTZ model because it can support the spoiler, ic ic ic. hmm, never even thought about that, can someone with a GTZ maybe post some pix of theirs so we can see what the difference is</div>

the big difference is that the torsion bar has some red markings on it to distunguish it from the regular torsion bars.

but also, the gtz's weren't the only cars that came with the torsion bar. its any galant that came with the mitsubishi brand strut bar. unlike the aftermarket spoilers, even the oem style, the torsion bars from mitsu came with torsion bars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well all galants i believe have the torsion bars in the trunk, its what makes the trunk open, not talking about anything else related to suspension or anything.

Thanks, mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim