The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best kind of body filler to use?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Mindless

Best kind of body filler to use?

I need to fill in some minor dings. What's the best kind of body filler to use? Someone told me a fiberglass based filler, but I've also been told to use a "putty". What's best to use?

on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.</div>

Use a dent puller. Any autoparts store should have one that is a powerful dent-puller that utilizes a strong suction cup to pull dents out. Other than that if the dents are fairly big, remove the fender and use a rubber mallet and pound the dents out.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>on what kinda surface are the dings on? the urethane parts? the metal parts?</div>

Metal.....fenders to be exact.</div>

Use a dent puller. Any autoparts store should have one that is a powerful dent-puller that utilizes a strong suction cup to pull dents out. Other than that if the dents are fairly big, remove the fender and use a rubber mallet and pound the dents out.</div>

Oh, I am going to remove them and bang them out. But I know they aren't going to be perfect so I wanted to use something to get it nice and smooth.

brandon
    Any of them should work to suite your needs... so long as you get the right mixture and properly sand it after it dries, you'll be good to go.

I'd say go with Bondo cuz it's cheapest.

yea bondo works pretty good... i had a hard time mixing fiberglass... i just couldnt get it down ... always had craters in the end... :x
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???