The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: buying a kit from my friend, is it worth it?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    TGC Regular

buying a kit from my friend, is it worth it?

well, its not a full kit but this is what i will be buying.

T3/T4 turbo, external wastegate, and intercooler. they are coming out of his civic and only have about 2,000 miles on them.

i don't have the exact specs on any of the parts i listed bc he isn't here right now and can't remember what he told me.

but he says he will sell them to me for $1000 and is going to let me make payments on them since they are just sitting in his civic and he can't drive it anyway since he got caught street racing in it. i can get it all new for $1,200 but again i don't know the exact specs to compare. plus payments are nice and i can probably pick them up today if i want since we are going to the city the car is at.

but do you all think this is worth it?

brandon
    What type of wastegate and what type/size IC?

dza
    I don't think it's worth it for that price. Getting it all new for 200 more is the better option even if you have to save first instead of payments. 200 off for used parts is a rip imo. You could probably find them new for 1000 if you hunt online.

8G_GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dza)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think it's worth it for that price. Getting it all new for 200 more is the better option even if you have to save first instead of payments. 200 off for used parts is a rip imo. You could probably find them new for 1000 if you hunt online.</div>
    i think ima second that one. you could pay that extra 200 for something that's never been driven on and you know will work and if not maybe have a warranty.