The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Strut Bar??? Connects to Firewall!!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    smsphoto4

New Strut Bar??? Connects to Firewall!!!

So I was doing a search online for a D3 chassy stiffining kit and came across a pic of a galant with a new strut bar. Its one I havn't seen on any of the posts. Anyone know where to get one like this and can anyone tell if it is made also by D3? I was most interested because I noticed it hooks up to the firewall to give even more rigidness that we all have been looking for.http://www.k7fx.com/d3/products/csk/galant/index.htm

BlankMan
    Sorry - don't belive that's a Galant - and if it is, that's a proto-type only. D3 Designs said in the other forum they have not and don't plan to produce a strut bar for the Galant.

J

Thats exactly what the 8g's needed one that connects to the firewall like the 3g's do. Those 3-point ones are definitely better and provides less flexing and movement. Nice simple design.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

smsphoto4
    I did a little maore research on the site and found that strut bar is for the galant. It sells for $175 bu itself or as part of their chassy kit. The kit is $435 for all four pieces.

BlankMan
    Hate to bust your bubble, but get the info straight from D3 aka "Dr. Design" here: http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtop...opic.php?t=4101

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello, Â*
    It would appear at this time we will not be making a Front Strut Tower brace. We have had a few people ask but the response is not where it needs to be for us to move foward. However we are looking into a possible solution for the 8G Galant owners. But that is pending we get this new machine we are looking into. Â*

Please let us know if there are any questions. Â*
    All components are stocked and ready to ship. Please make sure all your orders are in. Â*
    Thank you, </div>

If you have doubt - why don't you contact them directly?

J

Way back, like 2 years ago, D3 started a prototype for the Galant. That's what you see in the pic. They never made it though due to lack of interest. I contacted them recently and this was their reply.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hello David, Â*
    Thank you for emailing us. Unfortunately we have to look into supply Â*
    and demand with this product. At this time there really isnt that much of Â*
    a demand for this item. If we could have 36 units committed to then we Â*
    would move forward with this item. But the cost of producing a small Â*
    run of these would not in our best interest seeing that we do not have a Â*
    ton of requests for this item. The price for a FSTB-C that attaches to Â*
    the firewall would be about $160.00 plus shipping. Please let us know Â*
    if there are any questions. Â*
    Thank you, Â*

Sales Team
    D3 Automotive Designs
    310-428-7716</div>

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Radnoken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, I want one.</div>

LOL - find 35 more people and it shall be done.

J