The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who thinks the 2g GST DP fits?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Who thinks the 2g GST DP fits?

I do, I do! 3" ERZ downpipe. 2.5" before the flex pipe and 3" after till the flange, then its back to 2.5". But I am cutting it off and making it 3" all the way back.

Just letting all you "must have custom downpipe made" people know...
    7g for life!

Mindless
    That's awesome dude....I was curious whether the custom downpipe myth was true or not.

Experienced TGC Member
    Everytime I go out to put in my "rob made" exhaust system it rains...finaly today (friday) its clear and sunny, I get my stuff together and I hear thunder..and now its pouring. :cry: :evil:
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hey seth, let us know or give us an update! i know i need a serious replacing of my exhauset system.

btw, i don't see any holes for our O2 senors? or is it just hidden?

Well there isnt one. Im going to weld in a bung for my wideband, but you could do the 02 elimination trick if you wanted to only run 1 sensor.
    7g for life!

so how much did it cost ya? and where did you buy it? i've been saving some money to do my system along with the rpw headers.

i know, i know.. price is too much for the RPW's but i'm getting it from the Philippines, and i don't have to pay so much for shipping since someone will bring it to me. anyway, just my thought...

i guess there goes our catalytic converters

This is a turbo downpipe.
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    You can't use that with a NON - turbo car?

You could if you really wanted to(cutting, rewelding, pita) but it IS made for a turbo car and made to bolt onto an 02 housing, not headers.
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    bolt onto an O2 housing? I guess I don't know what an 02 housing is, except 02 being the oxygen sensor....so, i'm confused...maybe i'm just tired.....

Experienced TGC Member
    Turbo pipe bolts to the o2 housing, wich is basically the part that atatches to the turbo that directs the exhaust and wastegate exhaust down to ur exhaust pipes and holds the o2 sensor. Btw seth, you dont want the wideband o2 far into the exhaust stream so put the bung up by the neck of the downpipe.

And you can tell by his pictures that there is no catalytic converter nor any space provided if you wanted to use one, so no second o2 sensor,just buy or build an o2 eliminator for it. But this is turbo setup, as are 90% of the exhaust pipes u see on ebay, they wont work on an NA car.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

The max temp for the wideband 02 is 800-850 degrees peak. It can hit that temp but just not hold it for long. I am going to mount my egt probe in the 02 housing(precaution mainly) and because the temps will be cooler and my gauge will be able to read more, rather than it reading 1500 at wot when the gauge only goes to 1600. But I am using the Zeitronix LCD so I dont know how high it can go...

Im not sure where I am going to mount the wideband 02 yet, but it will be near the neck of the dp
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    wouldnt having the egt in the o2 housing be too far down in the stream to get a useful reading? I just got an Autometer EGT it says 6" from the head. I know the temps you read are very different depending on where you put the probe, and having the probe that far down I think its gona show much lower temps then whats actually going on and that may not be good.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

is it me or are u missing another set of flanges right before the flex pipe area and the down pipe....wait im sure of it.... :?: :?:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

yea its in my garage... guess its only cali spec i guess...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

8G_GTZ
    hey chris, totally off subject(sorry seth), but what is your suspension setup? i was lookin at your sig.. but yeah seth, that will be pretty close, but i was lookin at the angle of the neck and the eclipse DP is slightly angled to the left. i'm sure you noticed that anyways.

Its supposed to be. The 02 housing off the turbo is to the left as well
    7g for life!

8G_GTZ
    it'll fit then, just a lil cuttin is all seth.

Experienced TGC Member
    should squeeze in without any modification.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon