The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: LS Full-automatic AC controls in 97 ES?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Russian7G

LS Full-automatic AC controls in 97 ES?

Today I have found a picture of 96 LS with that nice digital dash ac controls unit

I have a 97 ES with not so sexy dials How much can this thing cost at the junkyard? I'm too broke to pay $908.86 mitsubishiparts.com is asking for it Probably I'll need a couple of temp. sensors and the center dash cover.. but it looks so much better in comparision with what I have now

Livn2sk8
    WOW, that looks really nice....and yeah, even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay a grand for that. As far as finding one....man, that would be awesome. Good Luck, i've never seen that before....heard of them...but never seen em.

Russian7G
    I have just checked wiring diagrams.. it's not a direct bolt-on -((( Most of the wires match, but there are at least 2 more devices in the automatic setup - air mix damper motor and air outlet changeover damper motor.. also I still didn't figure out how to connect the defroster switch.. There is quite a difference in wireing - the auto panel has a built-in compressor ecu, instead of a separate unit as most of us have :?
    Probably the best bet would be to find a salvaged LS at the junk yard and rip all the AC controls and modules.. but there are not too many galants at the junkyards in my area

Experienced TGC Member
    the other motors are probably there to control the items that are curently controlled by the dials that yank on a steel cable to change the vent doors and stuff like that. All electric means nothing to turn the manual switches so I assum they used a motor in place to move the selectors... or somethin along those lines, seems like too much work to install. and the vents are a bitch of an area to be working in too.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Russian7G
    The worst problem is the price of the unit

brandon
    I've seen that control module on ebay from time to time... keep an eye out there.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>The worst problem is the price of the unit</div>

not if u wear baggy pants to the junkyard
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Russian7G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>The worst problem is the price of the unit</div>

not if u wear baggy pants to the junkyard </div>

7Gs are very rare in my area, especially on junk yards. I don't expect to find LS on a junkyard, but I'll give it a try