The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sunroof leaking!!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    xlr8ngalant

sunroof leaking!!!

I was wonder if anyone with a 2000 Galant w/ a sunroof have leaks when it rains for a long period of time. I found it water entering my car through the dome lights.

do u have an aftermarket windshield? meaning, has ur windshield ever been replaced? i know mine does that every once and a while and its because my windshield wasn't installed properly.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Maybe the rubber around the glass is bad and the seal isnt holding good anymore, just my guess.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

xlr8ngalant
    Thanks for your replies, never would of thought of the windshield, but I never had my windshield replaced.

oneblach
    The car's manual tells you to dry the sunroof area after a car wash or rain to prevent leaking, as well as to avoid applying wax in that area.

the FACTORY sunroof is not intended to keep all the rain out, but rather to channel any rain that enters between the seals and roof out through drain tubes.
    if you have a factory roof (which I bet you dont), you may have a clogged drain.
    but more likely than not, you have an aftermarket roof which will need to be checked for damage and/or proper adjustement.