The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blown a fuse..

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Blown a fuse..

Well I never thought I would post here and I hope this will be the last. :oops:

Need some help guys. I blew a fuse. Don't ask me how I have no idea. The wife said it was running for like 10 seconds and then just died. Here is the fuse....

I can't seem to find away to take it out and how I blew it. So I need help guys. Does anyone also have any idea what could have blown it?

Thanks in advance!

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

thats a fused link. cost about 3 bucks at the auto parts store and like 15 bucks at the dealer. jsut take a pair of pliers and pull up on it. the whole thing. the clear part and the orange/pinkish part.

what kinda electrical accessories do you have on your car? i blew mine out cuz i hooked up too much shit to the fuse box.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats a fused link. cost about 3 bucks at the auto parts store and like 15 bucks at the dealer. jsut take a pair of pliers and pull up on it. the whole thing. the clear part and the orange/pinkish part. Â*

what kinda electrical accessories do you have on your car? i blew mine out cuz i hooked up too much shit to the fuse box.</div>

Ahh so that was the fuse that you blew in your old post. I did a search but I wasn't sure that was the same one.

Well if you count my over 5,000 watt system in the car as an accessory but the weird thing is the radio was not on and the wife just had time to turn the car on and roll the windows down at the same time turning on the A/C some where down that line. Car just died after that. Any clue why it could have blown or what that fuse is connected too.

i'd go over your electrical connections. especially stuff that gets is power from the fuse box or something connected to the fuse box like the accessory outlets.

same thing happened to me, i was starting the car and then i saw some of my aftermarket wiring burn away like a fuse of a tnt like in the cartoons and the car just shut off.

but yea look at your electrical connections. make sure not only that they are good still but also check that tehy don't go over the load capacity of the circuit.

also, about the fusible links. the one for the dealer i noticed looks like it would be more reliable than the one from the auto parts store. the dealer one looks like its made of better material. but yea, i'd get one from the auto parts store and put that bad boy in when you think everything is fixed. and see if your problem goes away. and if it does, then if u want, upgrade to the dealer one. the reason i say that is, you don't want to keep blowing 15 dollar fusible links just to test if your problem went away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd go over your electrical connections. especially stuff that gets is power from the fuse box or something connected to the fuse box like the accessory outlets. Â*

same thing happened to me, i was starting the car and then i saw some of my aftermarket wiring burn away like a fuse of a tnt like in the cartoons and the car just shut off. Â*

but yea look at your electrical connections. make sure not only that they are good still but also check that tehy don't go over the load capacity of the circuit. Â*

also, about the fusible links. the one for the dealer i noticed looks like it would be more reliable than the one from the auto parts store. the dealer one looks like its made of better material. but yea, i'd get one from the auto parts store and put that bad boy in when you think everything is fixed. and see if your problem goes away. and if it does, then if u want, upgrade to the dealer one. the reason i say that is, you don't want to keep blowing 15 dollar fusible links just to test if your problem went away.</div>

Actually I have nothing connected to that fuse box and the only other part connected to my inside fuse box is my remote wire for my amps.

well i'd jsut look over your wiring. make sure nothing is damage or loose. cuz if it is, it could short circuit somewhere and if you don't see nothing else wrong, pop in a new fusible link and see if your problem goes away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i'd jsut look over your wiring. make sure nothing is damage or loose. cuz if it is, it could short circuit somewhere and if you don't see nothing else wrong, pop in a new fusible link and see if your problem goes away.</div>

Thanks Allan!!!