The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air intake..

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Air intake..

I have a question. I want to know if you can put an intake filter (cone filter) where the sensor thing is on the original air intake. I saw it in one galant, the guy took out the rest of the stock intake and put a filter next to the sensor little box. Do you guys think it should work as an aluminum tube??? I think it should but I am not sure.

Let me know please

lets see. i think this is what ur referring to.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=27731

Yeah, you can do what I did by buying a MAS adapter off of Ebay and then have a fun time looking for a cone filter that will fit.

Making your own piping, i dont recommend it. mainly because it may be hard to do, esp near the TB. id rather buy a CAI/WAI then making my own.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GTZ
    Making your own piping, i dont recommend it. mainly because it may be hard to do, esp near the TB. id rather buy a CAI/WAI then making my own.
    actaully thats not hard to do at all. the big thing is, with the prices of intakes on ebay. you can get some no name ebay intake for about the same price as making your own.

here's another tip. try to find an adaptor that comes with a filter. that makes things much more easier.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Grenbogys
    All the Eclipse V6 00+ intakes fit the V6 Galant don't they? I'm confused because I saw that Injen has a different part number for the Galant V6 so i don't know what fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenbogys
    All the Eclipse V6 00+ intakes fit the V6 Galant don't they? I'm confused because I saw that Injen has a different part number for the Galant V6 so i don't know what fits.
    the 3g eclipse v6 will fit the 8g galant v6.

the reason why many companies offer different part number between the eclipse and the galant is mainly have to do orignally with the short ram. the short ram between the two cars used to have different routings.

Grenbogys
    Does anyone have the AEM V6 CAI? I haven't seen anyone with the kit yet and i just want to double check before i order it. -Nate

Grenbogys
    Thanks alot, great looking car too. -Nate

Will the Eclipse short ram intake fit the G8

I dont want to go with cold air, (I live in Miami, so, when it rains, we get a lot of water) and I want to know if the Eclipse short ram will fit in. If not I would go with MAF adapter and filter. Any recommendations?

if its for a 2000 and up you shouldn't have any problems

Are you sure??

What about the sensor??? COuld I still use it??

Re: Are you sure??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darylvia)</div><div class='quotemain'>What about the sensor??? COuld I still use it??</div>

im almost positive that the 3g eclispe and the 8g galant use the same sensor.

I am an AEM cold air intake on my I4 made for a Eclipse GT V6
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition