The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: automatic shift cut down

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    jusblaze

automatic shift cut down

I been talking to some people. and i was wondering if i could cut about 3 inches out of my shifter for my automatic, so it would not be so big and bulky. Then i would change it to a carbon fiber shifter that has a o/d button almost lookin like a stick execpt i know my automatic in the end would beet u stick shiftin people ... Anyone try this yet??????

Import_Beast
    I have. i took out the stock stick and replaced it with a CF shifter thats lower ...and put a boot around it, only thing is i had to take off the O/D button

first thing i'd do is change the shift knob. in most cases that will lower things a bit. when you take off the stock shift knob you'll see what's gonna be your hardest problem when you do want to go really low. the shifter handle screws into this steel hollow rod with a piece of plastic that rides in it. cutting that steel would be the hardest part. but you also gotta worry about the plastic piece cuz thats the actual linkage that the shift knob pushes on to shift from different gears

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    first thing i'd do is change the shift knob. in most cases that will lower things a bit. when you take off the stock shift knob you'll see what's gonna be your hardest problem when you do want to go really low. the shifter handle screws into this steel hollow rod with a piece of plastic that rides in it. cutting that steel would be the hardest part. but you also gotta worry about the plastic piece cuz thats the actual linkage that the shift knob pushes on to shift from different gears
    Cut down the shifter, not hard if u got a small grinder with a cutting wheel..2minutes.. fill the hollow tube with bondo, drill and tap, end of story. Ive fixed door hinge screws that rip out of the wall with bondo using the same method, if it can hold up a heavy door...it will hold ur shifter in =D
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Re: automatic shift cut down

Quote Originally Posted by jusblaze
    i know my automatic in the end would beet u stick shiftin people ...
    HAHAHA ur funny!!!!
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!