The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are KYB AGX's worth it???

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    8ggalant

Are KYB AGX's worth it???

Ok...this is my personal experiance and opinion but id like other members with dff setups to let me know what u think

i installed my rear agx's not that long ago (under 1 year), and they are already sagging....so one day i was bored and decided to read my warranty paperwork...it stated that...you MAY NOT lower your car more than 1.5 inches w/out degredation to the product and/or shortened product life...WTF :evil: ...so this got me to thinkin...if u have INTRAX, TEIN, EIBACH SPORTLINES, GOLDLINEs, SPRINT, or PROGRESS springs on your car with agx's...then you pretty much screwed. This shock/strut setup was made for very mild drop set up of 1.5in or under, and that got me to thinkin. U might as well add ground control coilovers to the list too, since they have up to a 3 inch drop and there is a set MADE FOR the kyg shocks....i mean not to be whiney and i kno that shocks/struts dont last forever but DAMN...u tellin me im gonna have to replace my suspension once a year if i wanna keep and agressive drop...NO I THINK NOT

so this only helped me to convince my wife to LET me (yea i said it haha) get sum the tein ss or jic setup (im leanin towards tein because alot of the guys on the rwd car boards i frequent say that jic has crappy customer serivce)... reason being (for gettin the TRUE coilover setup) is because this setup was made to be lowered...and can handle its max drop height with ease and they are both rebuildable....so if anyone ever has a reason to ask if teins or jics are worth ...i know have a whole new view...i once thought they were not but i am no convinced...there is no way in hell im buyin shocks/struts every year

or hey maybe i just got a bad set of agx's...i dunno...give me some feed back peeples (still not gonna change my mind on the teins haha...but i do want your opinions and/or stories on how the kybs have been good or bad to u....

thanks...that is all

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    AGXs blow! Get the Tein Flex kit or the JIC FLT-A2s. I am debating between the two myself. The JICs are about $400 more then the Flex kit. Also the JICs have a much stiffer rear spring compared to the Teins.

JICs FLT-A2:

Tein Flex:

You can order the JICs from RRE for $1800.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    right now i live in NYC and i am on agx with eibach so my drop is moderate, but thats the way i wanted it. I can tell you right now that i am riding on 18" with agx and eibach and it feels the same when i was riding on 16" so i was very happy when i noticed that. But the day i move out of NY i will be getting the Tein's cause even though my car is drop i have a little gap and i always wanted to go lower and i want to see if those little dampening kits will fit on our cars they are small and they look like they will.

8ggalant
    oh no doubt seth i WILL be gettin one of two **eventually** :oops: :cry:

i've had my agx's and eibach prokit for about 7 months now and its been the same since i put it on, but i'm ready to upgrade...so in the spring i am buying the JIC's from RRE, and having them pre-tuned so SOME of the guesswork is taken care of for me....lol but i cant wait to get lower in the front, and have a better ride overall...from what i hear the JIC's ride is amazing....
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Re: Are KYB AGX's worth it???

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    i installed my rear agx's not that long ago (under 1 year), and they are already sagging....
    IF your car is sagging, it's not due to your shocks/struts, but your springs. Over time the springs will fatigue causing your car to sag. The shocks controls the bound/rebound from your springs. So when your shocks blowout, you'll start experiencing bounciness, because they won't be able to control your springs anymore.

8ggalant
    u know messiah...i was thinkin about that today...my springs are pretty old (bought em used)....but i do kno a local guy who's had them on his 3g for about a little over a year with the sportline drop (bought his springs and shocks brand new last summer) and his are goin....i dunno...but yea...id still wanna let people kno that if they plan to lowere the car more than kyb recommends...yer in for trouble...oh and i talked to the wifey and the teins will be here shortly after tax season :twisted:

i hate u bro!! whree u gettin the tein c/o from?? im thinking bout going that route too... since those ground controls dont convince me muchand then kyb.. i rather get all in one together....
    Diego

8ggalant
    still shoppin around bro...when it comes time to purchase them illl let yall know where i got em helll dont i always