The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are these true coilovers?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Are these true coilovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane99
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    now when you say coilovers, do you mean adjustable springs or do you mean the real cloilovers from like tein and JIC? there's a big difference between the two.

regular lowering springs will give you a better ride than adjustable springs.

but the adjustable springs do give you the option of changning the ride height. that adjustability is what causes a poorer ride than just regular lowering springs.

now tru coilovers like the ones made from JIC and tein will give you a better ride than the regular lowering springs and the adjustable ones since the shock/strut was made to go with the springs on the coilovers.

now the thing is, these tru coilvoers are way more expensive. and many have multiple levels of adjustability. and well, if you don't know how to tune them or don't know someone that can, then it could just be a big waste of money cuz they ride and handling quality can be really bad if these bad boys aren't tuned right.

Are the ground controls REAL coilovers? I want them and KYB AGX's. I'll probably keep the back near stock height and drop the front even with the back (gap wise).Would this bottom out the shocks? I have a 00 I4 G.

8ggalant

Re: Are these true coilovers?

now when you say coilovers, do you mean adjustable springs or do you mean the real cloilovers from like tein and JIC? there's a big difference between the two.

but the adjustable springs do give you the option of changning the ride height. that adjustability is what causes a poorer ride than just regular lowering springs.

now tru coilovers like the ones made from JIC and tein will give you a better ride than the regular lowering springs and the adjustable ones since the shock/strut was made to go with the springs on the coilovers.

??? i dont understandy your post
    JIC/TEIN are true coilvers shock/strut w/ adjustable ride hieght, and or dampening adjustablitty

ground controls are not true coilovers ..they are a sleeve and spring coilover setup which is a sleeve and spring which slides over a seperate stock or aftermarket shock

now the thing is, these tru coilvoers are way more expensive. and many have multiple levels of adjustability. and well, if you don't know how to tune them or don't know someone that can, then it could just be a big waste of money cuz they ride and handling quality can be really bad if these bad boys aren't tuned right.

Are the ground controls REAL coilovers? I want them and KYB AGX's. I'll probably keep the back near stock height and drop the front even with the back (gap wise).Would this bottom out the shocks? I have a 00 I4 G.

Re: Are these true coilovers?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant

??? i dont understandy your post
    JIC/TEIN are true coilvers shock/strut w/ adjustable ride hieght, and or dampening adjustablitty

ground controls are not true coilovers ..they are a sleeve and spring coilover setup which is a sleeve and spring which slides over a seperate stock or aftermarket shock

From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

TGC Regular
    ummm, did I miss something??? :puzzled1:

when is we gon be free????

Uhhh, thanks guys. A true coilover system is one in which adjusting the height of the car does not change the spring rate. It doesnt have to be a 1 piece system with the shock and spring made by the same company to be a true coilover. So, if you change the ride height with these does it affect the spring rate?

Bump.