The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about the EGR valve

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    NinjaWarGod

Question about the EGR valve

Well today i spent $60 on getting my CEL check out and come to find out. there is something wrong with my EGR valve. They didnt say to much other then that. I was wondering if that might be a reason that my car is running rich making smoke come out of my muffler and for the carbon build up on the back. So i called a guy at oriellys and he said that he had a 95 galant like mine and he told me that i can he could make a block off plate and it would be cheaper and better, rather then buy a new EGR. Also he said that he could get rid of the bowl shaft, or something like that, :?: so it would make the engine 14 lbs lighter. What do yall think.

Experienced TGC Member
    my 97 cali spec came with an egr blockoff plate from the factory. The problem with your car is gona be the CEL. Blockoff plate is a good idea..but your ecu is gona keep the CEL lit up in your face because the EGR system won't be working because its not there anymore =P

And don't know what a bowl shaft is..never heard that one before..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Proto
    My EGR is screwed up also, plenty of carbon in the throttle body and rough idle.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Probably meant balance shaft?

You can use any block off plate for the 4g63t. Dejontool.com has one for like $10. Easy to install, gets rid of a lot of the clutter in the engine bay as well.
    7g for life!

NinjaWarGod
    yeah i really didnt know what he meant by the bowl shaft or whatever he may of said. but i am going to try and talk to him tomorrow and see what the dealo is. Man i dont know if i can handle the stupid cel light being on all the time. All ready it has been on for a long long time and it is driving me insane, just wondering if there is anything else wrong with my car. I am going to check out that website that you gave me because i think he said that he was going to make it and if there is one that i could just by it would be a lot easier on the both of us.
    thanx

Experienced TGC Member
    take the bulb out. problem solved ! :laughing:
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

NinjaWarGod
    well guys the light turn off, so i think it fixed it self , man what a nice christmas gift. Also in beaumont, tx (where i am) it snow. which hasnt happened since 1989 awesome.... christmas......... (the light probably went out)

Experienced TGC Member
    when a CEL light is triggered, if the ecu doesnt see the same error for the next 3 times you start the car it will turn the CEL off. Like for a misfire which usually is a freak occurance, turn the car on and off 3 times and the CEL turns off.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon