The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: all u 7gers out there with mufflers

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

all u 7gers out there with mufflers

ok does this happen to anyone else....when u hit the gas in park or in neutral(reving it) does the car make the vroooom vrooom and then just stop? cause ive noticed that the muffler noise doesnt sloooowly drop, it just stops after i rev it. ive noticed that on some cars they rev it and the rpms drop down slooowly. like if u rev it to the 3k, on the way down on rpms its silent.....weird or normal? let me know, it may just be my car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I think its normal. I think it varies on different motors on the rev. I actually don't care or think much of it...as long the motor idles and revs correctly...I could care less on how it sounds.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

XProtoKnight
    Mine drops down and goes silent cept for the mumblin the muffler makes at normal idle

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    on the OEM muffler, you won't hear the RPMs fall, on a muffler-less exhaust or a racing muffler you'll hear it. right now my muffler is off in preparation to get painted, and decelerating sounds like a jet plane
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    mine slowly drops with a few back fires(sometimes i get a small flame i've been told).

i have a CAI, OBX DTM style muffler and OBX high flow cat for a 2g(thanks peano)

steve

Dark7GHawk
    Varies, mostly dependant on the size and shape of pipe. Personally, if they would let me get away with it, I would go open pipe and cat-less.

Open pipe and cat on, you wont get more than a little light flame inside the pipe, with the cat off, the unburned fuel travels all the way to the tip and on severe lift-throttle, you will get large POP!!!!! and a sizeable flame from the back of the car.

Even more powerful on turbo motors. Friend of mine does it in his MKIV all the time.

And if you don't know what an MKIV is, you don't deserve to drive one...

:mumbles:
    Damn movie ruined everything....
    :mumbles:

shannon957g
    Mmm....

Supras

I knew what they were before those cruddy movies came out.

That's a benefit of having 3 in the family

Dark7GHawk
    They just don't make cars like that anymore and it sucks....