The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Headlights

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Galant01

JDM Headlights

Where is a good place to purchase them? Also will any modifcations need to be done to make them fit?

Senior TGC Member
    Modifications yes...good place I dunno.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

do a search on this board, there are some suppliers in asia and europe that can get these. expect to pay about $500.00+ for the housings alone. you will also need a JDM grill since the J-Spec headlights are wider than US spec (JDM grills are narrower)

basically it will take significant metal cutting / bending to get them to fit. u will also have to do some trimming on the housings themselves. the inner mounting points will have to be custom done but at least the 2 outside mounting points match up well. the fitting is pretty much trial and error but once you get the lights you will see what needs to be trimmed. you will also have to do a little re-wiring as well as get new hi and low beam bulbs since US spec is H4 dual filament and JDM spec is H7 low, H1 hi (i used an easy diode trick to keep the low beams ON when the high beams are activated). lastly to clear the corners on these, you have to pry them apart and then reseal them because the amber lenses are attached w/ a single phillips head screw on the inside.

here' what they look like on my car:

Galant01
    Do you think it is worth it? (Money, mods, etc.) for the JDM headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Galant01
    i think its worth it. i mean first of all it looks different. i mean it kinda looks like the 02+ but then again its a dual beam. if u got a jdm body kit, you odn't have to worry about the gaps. i mean if u want ur car to be really different, then to me its worth it. ur not gonna see a person all the time with the same headlights as u in the same state ya know. i mean i think reelax spent about 2k for this headlight setup, and with that jdm kit he's gonna get its like he has a full JDM front end. thats gonna score big points like in car shows, besides looking hella sweet

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant01
    it really depends on what u want and what that is worth to you. to me it's obviously worth it... is it practical or even a value for what it is? not even close. we figure less than 10 of these are presently installed on US 8G galants (maybe less than 5). pinoy posted how much i spent but that includes 2 full HID kits and full custom heavy duty wiring networks w/ relays and independent fuses bypassing the stock wiring directly to the battery. i could have converted to hi/lo HID in my stock housings for about 1/4 of what my present conversion costs but i doubt i will ever see another conversion like mine in person, ever. you could probably get away w/ hiper white bulbs and stock wiring modded for under $600.00 including the grill, but i figure if ur gonna be an ass, u mights well really b an ass and go all out.

Senior TGC Member
    It would have been worth it for me if I wasn't so stubborn and insisting...I bought HIDs for the same amount as JDM headlights and now I'm really wishing I had went with the JDMs instead to match my tails. Experience is a harsh teacher.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison