The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Inline Air Filter

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Proto

Inline Air Filter

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product.../p-7045/c-10102

Would that work if I dont want to convert to a cai/shortram?

Experienced TGC Member
    looks like aem bypass valve to me...

but anyway..you dont want to be sucking air from up around your tb because it will be 140deg...horrible. Your stock airbox is 10x better then that.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

sorry--><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Works in conjunction with your existing air filter. Installs between your primary air filter and throttle body along the tract of the air intake pipe.</span>
    Thats what it says on the site itself

Jips right. Thats a bypass valve. And the part about engine air is true. Thats why SHORT RAM is worse than stock airbox. But the CAI runs risks or water so would you put that BYPASS VALVE inline of a CAI. me $.02

Experienced TGC Member
    thats the point of a bypass valve except the bypass valve opens up when there is a change in intake pressure due to the tip of the cai being clogged with water, thus bypassing the clogged pipe and sucking in air instead of slurping up water....

Put it simply...save your money its not worth it.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    thats the point of a bypass valve except the bypass valve opens up when there is a change in intake pressure due to the tip of the cai being clogged with water, thus bypassing the clogged pipe and sucking in air instead of slurping up water....

Put it simply...save your money its not worth it.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

so is it even worth puttin that with a CAI? cause i wanna get a CAI and use a bypass valve since i live in NY.

str8 up not worth it.

its just like the bypass valve but more sensetive.

pretty much it will open and close if there's an intake pressure change from the car needing air.

now think about this. when u hit the gas, what will happen. the pressure will change. the inline filter will open up. now, do you really want your car to be sucking in warm air when you hit the gas? cuz depending on how restrictive that filter is, you might bypass the cai filter and suck in all the air through the inline.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

tru. So whats the best way to help from blocking water gtting into a CAI? sorry for the thread jack but you might wanna know this also if you get a CAI.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(REDLANT97)</div><div class='quotemain'>tru. So whats the best way to help from blocking water gtting into a CAI? sorry for the thread jack but you might wanna know this also if you get a CAI. </div>

best way is not to drive through lakes.. Your car, even average lowered car would still have the air filter 8" off the ground, you shouldnt be driving through water that deep anyway. Rain and all that is not going to be a big worry. parts of your filter will get wet but your not going to be siphoning up water, if your filter gets wet enough air won't flow well but it will eventually dry =P
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, people need to stop being such pussies about driving in the rain with a CAI. i had a cai for 2 years and drove through some crazy rain, and the filter never even had a drop on it most the time. granted, i didn't go through 6" puddles at WOT like some of the idiots on this board have, and as long as you don't do that, you're completely fine.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

nysgalant

what about this

right now i have a short ram and i live in ny everytime after i done driving i feel it to see if it hot or not you can fel 140 deg and my intake is not that hot little warm but not a 140 deg and plus its winter so the air will still be cool to begin with

Experienced TGC Member
    short ram is just a horrible setup. bad form.

If your planning on a shortram..stay stock and use a K&N filter made for the stock airbox your car will run much better then with a shorty
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon